Win7 & XP Mode question

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by teknomedic, Aug 10, 2009.

1. teknomedic

teknomedic MDL Member

May 5, 2007
    I'm not a complete noob to the slic method and have done Vista since release... by looking at the site I see that Win7 won't be much different and I shouldn't have any problems.

There's one thing I'm wondering though and it's the Win7 "Virtual WinXP Mode".

Assuming Win7 is slic'd and working... do we know anything about ensuring the WinXP mode can be registered and working as well?

From what I've see WinXP mode requires a "new" key that allows it to work under the Win7 OS. Is this true? or will my old retail key for WinXP SP3 still work for "registering" WinXP mode?

Thanks for any info.

2. PrEzi

PrEzi MDL Addicted

Aug 23, 2007
    I'm not totally sure either but as I remember by reading about XP Mode - it will be pre-registered. Probably that's why it is only included in the Enterprise/Ultimate versions.
    If you on the other hand want to use VirtualPC and create your own Virtual XP mode then I think you would need to activate it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. shAkur

shAkur MDL Novice

Jul 24, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. teknomedic

teknomedic MDL Member

May 5, 2007
    thanks for the info... I was a little worried on that, but it seems it will be clear sailing then.