Win8 SL, replace A$er install.swm with MSDN iso modified SL install.wim

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by WriteConsole, Jun 3, 2013.

1. WriteConsole

WriteConsole MDL Junior Member

Jun 3, 2013
    at client place deploy 10 units, need to manual install antivirus, no time to test it using capture image,
    at the rate 3 pc per hour using 1 pendrive, :eek:

that is very inefficient o_O

2. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    Well consider the other route. Using the DVD to install, update, add programs- 10 times over. This way is much fast (if you take out the trail and error you had making it.) I use this method to install Windows 7 on the computers I have to work on and boy is sure does help. You should make more then one pendrive and use them on USB 3.0 slots.

I am creating a Win 8 x64/x86 Core/Pro/WMC AIO atm.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    Also, you mentioned that your installing Core Single Language to the machines? Where did you get get that from, what language is it, and can you upload it for MDL?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. WriteConsole

WriteConsole MDL Junior Member

Jun 3, 2013
    i got it from this forum,
    base on the thread convert core to single language and or leaked ru single language to en single language,

i dism remove ru and add us into it,

sorry, i guess the official name would be windows 8 single language, not windows 8 core single language.

5. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    Dang, I was hoping you had something different. :(

6. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    install.swm files are just splits of the install.wim file. When you run the split command in dism it splits them to that.
    They are interchangeable with the setup.exe, so you don't need to split any other install.wim, just delete the swm files and replace them with a correct install.wim