Winaero software and applications

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by hb860, Jul 13, 2011.

1. erpsterm35

erpsterm35 MDL Expert

May 27, 2013
  2. EXO56

EXO56 MDL Member

Mar 22, 2013
    Winaero Tweaker 0.18

Tweaker Web Search
    Windows 10 version 20H2 support

Winaero Tweaker now supports Windows 10 version 20H2 properly. (I hope) It is now able to differentiate version 2004, and version 20H2.
    Disable Web Search in Windows 10 Taskbar in version 2004/20H2

Following the recent changes made by Microsoft, I have updated the appropriate option in Winaero Tweaker. Now you can use it to disable web results in Windows Search.

Tweaker Web Search 2
    Customize rows and columns in the classic Alt+Tab switcher

You can now change the number of icon rows and columns displayed by the classic Alt+Tab dialog when you enable it. This feature works in all supported Windows versions by Tweaker, including Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10.

Tweaker Alt Tab Extra Option
    Change what App Keys do for the keyboard

One more new feature available for all the supports Windows versions - the ability to change the action for extra buttons available on many modern keyboards, such as Calculator, Computer, Browser, Mail, and so on. Microsoft Natural keyboards, for example, have plenty of them. Here you can reconfigure the buttons. The list of the available keys is limited to 'known' buttons that Windows usually recognizes without extra drivers.

Tweaker Keyboard App Keys
    Default apps context menu

This new feature adds the "Default apps" page of Settings to the context menu (details can be found here). This can be useful for checking your default app associations quickly.

Tweaker Default Apps Context Menu
    Remove Share with Skype

Winaero Tweaker now allows removing the Share with Skype context menu entry. The option can be found under Context Menu \ Remove Default Menu Entries.

Tweaker Share With Skype
    Create shortcut to a PS1 file that runs is directly

There is a new shortcut tool in version 0.18 that allows saving your precious time by creating a shortcut that will directly launch a PS1 file. The shortcut target will run the PS interpreter with -NoExit and -ExecutionPolicy Bypass options, so use it careful.

Tweaker Run Ps1 Shortcut Tool
    About box

Surprisingly, plenty of users were not happy with the former app behavior, when it returned to the "Information" page in the tweak list once you click on the Help > About menu item. After receiving a ton of complains, I decided to add an extra dialog to the app.

Tweaker About Box
    Fixes

There is also a number of various issues resolved in this release. Most notable are.

Fixed the broken update check. No idea when it started to happen, but it was caused by a combination of my legacy code and recent web site changes. I've refreshed the update check routine.
    Fixed wrong "how this tweak works" links in a number of Tweaker options.

3. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    new version: 0.19.1.0

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. hb860

hb860 MDL Expert

May 7, 2010
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Yanta

Yanta MDL Senior Member

May 21, 2017
    Is it possible to import the exported WinAero settings via command line?

6. A great question & thanks a lot my friend for asking this to dev of winaero tweaker . this quest is in my que list to be asked to dev whether his tweaker support commandline swithes so that user can import - export settings via commandline from a bat script .

thanks a lot once again :)