WinDirStat Alternative

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Dax_Fame, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Dax_Fame

Dax_Fame MDL Novice

Sep 13, 2017
    It's a disk usage tool that shows what's eating your drive in a very easy to read tree map. Great for clearing the clutter.

I notice it no longer properly reports the size of my HDs..... but I'm not too upset... it hasn't been updated in years and I don't exactly think it was designed for Win10.

2. abbodi1406

abbodi1406 MDL KB0000001

Feb 19, 2011
  3. Did you try running it as administrator? Any disk usage analyzer can only count the files inside the folders it has access to. If you are normal user = only folders you have access will get counted, which is why some are missing.

4. Bin Man

Bin Man MDL Novice

Sep 18, 2017
    Run Directory Report as an Administrator
    That way it can find hidden files
    It is faster than WinDirStat
    www dot file-utilities dot com

5. Namelesswonder

Namelesswonder MDL Novice

Nov 12, 2012
    SpaceSniffer works pretty well. It's free and you don't have to install it, just runs as an executable.

Doesn't look as pretty as other programs, but it's got a nice feature of highlighting files and folders that are currently being written to or changed.

You can find it on FossHub.

6. LiteOS

LiteOS Windowizer

Mar 7, 2014
    I use "Whereisit"
    give great and fast search also

7. Palladin

Palladin MDL Senior Member

Feb 1, 2014
    #10 Palladin, Sep 19, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    Not sure what you mean by "create size report".
    Care to elaborate?
    Attached are some top level basic images.

The file reporter allows you to create reports based on Oldest, Newest. Temp, Duplicates, File Types, Attributes, Owners, Sizes, Names, Dates, and Depths. The last image shows all the files on C:\ sorted by file size and percentage of space occupied.

FolderSizes-1.jpg FolderSizes-2.jpg FolderSizes-3.jpg FolderSizes-4.jpg FolderSizes-6.jpg