"WindowBlinds Corrupted My System"-Help Please

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by pkaji123, Nov 26, 2009.

1. pkaji123

pkaji123 MDL Addicted

Aug 22, 2009
    I installed WindowBlinds 7 in x32 System,It was pretty Good,But It started Freezing my computer frequently,
    However I Uninstalled It,And the Freezing Stopped,But Now I Could Not Enable The Aero Themes,When I Apply Any of them,Still The Classic Theme Remains...

Please Do Not Install the WindowBlinds 7 in Ur System,It Will freezes Ur System Frequently,Any One Please Help me.....

2. greyaburton

greyaburton MDL Addicted

Mar 8, 2009
    could try using system restore and restore it back to before you installed window blinds.

3. santoshcoolhere

santoshcoolhere MDL Member

Jan 3, 2009
    just replace ur explorer.exe(Windows folder) and themeservice.dll(system32 folder) and themeui.dll(system32 folder) with the original files.U can ask anyone to provide the original files and that solves ur problem.

@greyaburton

system restore will not work.

4. pkaji123

pkaji123 MDL Addicted

Aug 22, 2009
    #4 pkaji123, Nov 26, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2009
    (OP)
    Ok Will any One Provide Those Files........
    Plz.. Upload it in Media Fire........

Hope it would be Perfect After that................

Thanks Every One For Ur Efforts....

5. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    Windows Blinds corrupts always for me, on Windows XP it worked great in the pasts but after a few updates even my XP got corrupted. I tried it on Vista when it whas out for 6 months and also Windows Blinds corrupted Vista. I won't try it on Windows 7 because my pc runs very great now and dont want to corrupt it.

6. weijian95

weijian95 MDL Novice

Nov 18, 2009
    I never want another Stardock application after I tried the icon packager 4.0, it ruined my icons.

7. moosh101

moosh101 MDL Junior Member

Jul 13, 2009
    #8 moosh101, Nov 26, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2009
    Restore Valid Windows Files

Hi,

You could try running System File Checker (SFC), the built in system tool that checks to make sure your Windows files are valid and in their right locations. You will need to have your Windows 7 DVD handy in case it finds any errors.

To start the test, open a elevated command prompt and type in:

sfc /scannow (with a space between sfc and the /scannow)

The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions. In case the tool is not able to fix the error, it is better to restore the system to a previous state using System restore.

Good luck,

Shane.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    I have used WindowBlinds and IconPackager since XP SP1 and never had a single problem with either of them.

The only 'issue' i ever ran into is that WB6 and earlier are not compatible with 7. IconPackager still works perfectly though.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    I think you'll find Stardock was intimately involved with M$ in the development of Aero.

10. dewot

dewot MDL Junior Member

Apr 25, 2008
    I kind of stumbled across the aero repair tool in Windows 7. It checks a bunch of stuff automatically.

In the start menu, type "fix aero" in the search box. You should see one search result -- "find and fix problems with transparency and other visual effects". Click on that and a new window pops up. Click next to run the tool.

It fixed a problem after I updated my video drivers. It will give you a list of the problems it finds and whether it fixed them. Good luck!

11. santoshcoolhere

Jan 3, 2009
    Ah Crap !!! I used the IconPackager 4.2...............now my icons are all corrupted.Stupid Stardock................!!! I Hate You........someone plz provide me the imageres.dll of Windows 7 x64 PC from the system32 folder plzzzzzzzzzz :((

12. rjc862003

rjc862003 MDL Junior Member

Sep 4, 2009
    no we wont help you its your own dam fault for NOT doing proper backup's before installing
    ( like it says in the installer todo)

13. santoshcoolhere

Jan 3, 2009
    never mind guys the system restore worked fine this time.............:).
    My system is back and running but now it's damn slow :(

14. weijian95

weijian95 MDL Novice

Nov 18, 2009
    I've used WindowBlinds for years and it's great, but IconPackager let me down and I never want another Stardock application. I used it to change my icons and it worked flawlessly, but when I tried revert to default it doesn't do what it suppose to do, I uninstalled it and it corrupted my icons, if you view the Stardock forum, many people faced this problem when IconPackager 4.0 is just out.

15. tinbin

tinbin MDL Novice

Jul 15, 2009
    using windowsblinds 7 on win 7 64bit and it running brill no probs with it yet....

16. ailef

ailef MDL Senior Member

Nov 30, 2007
    acronis trueimage home 2010 actual build 6053
    was done to work with windows 7.
    i use it on win7 64bit, backup your system all the time or the day will come nothing will be able to help except the backup.
    best is to create a backup just after u installed all your drivers without any applications or even without a driver installed but with all the settings you use for windows.
    like that u can recover a fresh OS install in 5 minutes.
    windows restore works fine but it's better to recover outside of the OS, by booting the win7 DVD or the win 7 USB key.

17. pkaji123

pkaji123 MDL Addicted

Aug 22, 2009
    Could U anyone please Provide me with the explorer.exe from Ur 32-Bit system,
    Also a way to replace the explorer.exe,I tried all the ways But still I cant enable it..

So Plzzzzzzzzzzz. in media fire...