Windows 10 (10130) - Edge questions

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by johnathonm, May 31, 2015.

1. johnathonm

johnathonm MDL Novice

Aug 3, 2012
    Hi,

I really am thinking I want to move away from Chrome as Edge moves forward and have started running it as much as possible. As such, I was wondering if anyone else out there was or has been using Edge extensively. I have a few questions and maybe you someone could offer some guidance (especially coming from Chrome):

How has Edge worked for you as a whole? I am sure there are cases where stuff has forced you back to another browser, have you run into anything that's been a deal breaker?

If you have run into any common issues, is there a workaround?

I took a look at "About:config" and was curious if anyone has enabled or disabled things? Also, what settings do you recommend and is there any reason?

I also don't recall but will there be plugin support or cross browser plugin support? Just curious.

Thanks,
    J

2. mobtus

mobtus MDL Novice

Jul 21, 2014
    I sure like it. Especially in 10130 it feels noticeably faster.

Only qualms I have with it are there is no auto-translation (I go to chrome for pages that need translating) and I can't have any adblock. But extension support is planned, probably won't be implemented before RTM though. I haven't run into any other problems since upgrading to this build.