Windows 10 1511 Build 10586 Enterprise LTSB

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by dante96, Nov 14, 2015.

1. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Well considering up to now, every single one has been KMS'd - it makes more sense to believe the next will be too, rather than have a pessimistic outlook like that.... nothing points to it stopping, everything points to it continuing

You've changed your tone...are you a pistachio nut lover or something? time for iggy?

2. SPDIF

SPDIF MDL Junior Member

Mar 30, 2014
    Windows 10 LTSB is not meant to be used at home, you could of course.

You better use Enterprise at home.

This is what Microsoft write about it;

The LTSB is an option available only to Windows 10 Enterprise customers. Machines on the LTSB will receive only security and hot fixes, and no new features, for ten years. LTSB is an option for customers running mission-critical or otherwise locked-down applications who cannot risk having new features and feature updates pushed to them.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SpeedDream

SpeedDream MDL Addicted

Feb 20, 2012
    simple Long Term Support Branch, you don't need to be a guru to know os upgrades are delayed since they state it's for "mission critical" systems
    I went with regular enterprise, you get something kind in between if you clean it up

4. kuroda

kuroda MDL Senior Member

Aug 25, 2012
    .......Windows 10 1511 Build 10586 Enterprise LTSB,is available?..........Thanks!

5. SPDIF

SPDIF MDL Junior Member

Mar 30, 2014
    #65 SPDIF, Dec 7, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2015

Here we go again...:bangin:
    NO, there is NO new build available for LTSB!

As we speak, Microsoft sticks to version 10.0.10240!!

If you want new version anyway, why you take LTSB???

We have just explained it a few post earlier, did you READ it?

Anyway take your glasses;

It's used for critical or specialized devices (for example, operation of factory floor machinery, point-of-sale systems, automated teller machines), the Long-Term Servicing Branch (LTSB) provides a version of Windows 10 Enterprise that receives no new features, while continuing to be supported with security and other updates for a long time. (Note that the Long-Term Servicing Branch is a separate Windows 10 Enterprise image, with many in-box apps, including Microsoft Edge, Cortana, and Windows Store, removed.)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. freiwald

freiwald MDL Senior Member

Jul 27, 2015
    #66 freiwald, Dec 7, 2015
    holy s**t stop being such a dick. he just asked a question.
    be happy about the missing update tho, only good thing about it are coloured title bars, everything else sucks ass.
    pretty buggy still if you read the forums and also you have to a upgrade instead of a normal update and this will give you problems anyway.
    we will get the title coloured bars sometime anyway but without the need to upgrade the whole system.

and if you don't want store and app crap on your system it's still the best version to go. stay with ltsb because it's windows 10 like it's meant to be.

7. SPDIF

SPDIF MDL Junior Member

Mar 30, 2014
    #67 SPDIF, Dec 7, 2015
    Everyone choose the version he want!
    Just don't install LTSB if you want new features.

You do not like colored windows, why you use it then?

Still buggy? Maybe on your system, not with me. More stable then win 8.1 that for sure.

A good tuned Enterprise is much better then LTSB version.

8. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012

Im corius to know your definition of stable...

I can understand that XP is more stable than win 98, it's pretty obvious.

But since xp or seven, windows is rock solid, so hardly the version X is more stable than the version Y.

9. freiwald

freiwald MDL Senior Member

Jul 27, 2015
    what? im using LTSB so i don't even got the new update which for many people is buggy. there are more then enough threads on this board about it.
    i like the coloured bars but i can't use them because of the missing update for now. it will come sooner or later anyway on LTSB but as a normal update and not as a s**tty upgrade.
    i just said it's not worth using the "normal" version just because you want coloured title bars. rather stay on LTSB and wait for them to come because everything else in the update is not needed at all and also buggy (see posts on this board)

10. SPDIF

SPDIF MDL Junior Member

Mar 30, 2014
    #70 SPDIF, Dec 7, 2015
  11. Feelgood

Feelgood MDL Novice

May 19, 2008
    #71 Feelgood, Dec 7, 2015
    There are many things that make LTSB far superior to all other editions of Win 10.
    but to put it in short and hopefully more comprehensive:

- using Win 10 Pro or Enterprise you can "play" OS
    - using LTSB you can USE OS
    - using Win 10 Home MS "plays" OS with you

well if that is not enough for you, read (technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt598226%28v=vs.85%29.aspx) to find it all out about feature and service upgrades and much more.

Not only gives LTSB maximum control over when and how you update or upgrade but also is the only edition offering an acceptable privacy policy and is moreover significantly more efficient and faster.
    The drawback is, well, that you have to wait for all those blingbling, shiny feature upgrades (next stop June/July 2016) but you know what? All those TH2 fanboys are in fact and just again MS´s guinea pigs that have to test and suffer from this masses of faulty software upgrades and only after that the real grown ups, the real adults get really tested software upgrades to their (LTSB) machines.

12. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    #72 Enthousiast, Dec 7, 2015
    So you should be very thankfull to all those "kidz", as you like to see them, who TEST it for you real "grownups" ;)

LTSB is only for "Pirates" and businesses not for the general public.

13. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    Th2 running like sunshine on a happy happy happy spring morning here (except for edge), not sure what I'm testing...

14. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Is it spring already in Belgium? ;):D

15. Feelgood

Feelgood MDL Novice

May 19, 2008
    #75 Feelgood, Dec 7, 2015
    MS itself doesn´t care about piracy anymore when it comes to installations of Win10: Loaders or KMS tools, multiple activations of retail keys on endless amounts of totally different systems, it´s all completely irrelevant, just replace everything with Win10, that´s their only goal.

And, no, i´m not thankful to those guinea pigs as i neither encourage them nor invite them nor need them to do so. On the contrary i would be much more happier if more people would think twice or more before installing this "all so free" Win 10 BS-OS. They don´t. Makes me sad :(.

LTSB is not available to consumers, right, only for large enterprises who would never accept this amount of loss of control in their company. And they would also set hell loose when MS would brake vital systems by gimmicky, faulty crap updates. Think of energy grids or clinics, military, security....
    MS knows that there are computers in this world that are too important to play silly Cortana, Edge, Store, Apps and Telemetry games with and furthermore pose a real (legal) threat to MS when downed by regularly installed feature upgrade crap.

So, bottom line, LTSB is the elite edition of Win 10 for elite usage. The rest is for pawns, hillbillies...and kids. Not my opinion but the way these OS editions treat their respective users.

And these will pay even if the price tag says zero...we all know that, right ?

LTSB can be illegally activated the same way as all the other editions which is intriguing to me. OK, they make pirating Home and Pro easy because they want everyone to install and use it but why also LTSB ?
    I can only speculate: They want to see what people use if they have a choice or they say: "OK, if they resist the legal paths of adopting Win 10, the most traditional successor (LTSB) is also fine, at least Win 10 and away with the old crap".

16. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    You only look at it from a technician's (hobby or pro) view, most people are enjoying all those things some call "crap". Most people don't (or at least many shouldn't) (re)install their own pc/laptop/tablet/Phone as easily as "we" do and for most windows users windows 10 Home/Pro works just fine.

17. Feelgood

Feelgood MDL Novice

May 19, 2008
    #77 Feelgood, Dec 7, 2015
    Forced or tricked updates from Win 7 or Win 8.x are on the way, planned in detail by MS and many millions of people will get a ´surprise´ or forced update to Win 10.

So does a properly constructed and baited trap. There´s no such thing as a free lunch and Win 10 is NOT free, not for a single person on this planet.
    And the guinea pigs in their cages are always happy as long as the experiment lasts: Food and water aplenty, no foxes, falcons or eagles. Only problem: When the scientists know what they wanna know, the `residues´ are disposed of or sold to the zoo...for the foxes, falcons, eagles and snakes...

18. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    We'll see in 2025 (if i live that long ;))

19. abbodi1406

abbodi1406 MDL KB0000001

Feb 19, 2011
    LTSB is more overrated than Win XP & 7 combined :cool:

it doesn't differ a single bit apart other Windows 10 editions

20. Garbellano

Garbellano MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2012
    Fix That For You