Windows 10 1511 setting can't be opened using the Built-in Administrator account

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by moon9999, Nov 14, 2015.

1. 100

100 MDL Expert

May 17, 2011
    More code equals more potential for bugs and security vulnerabilities. There's no way around that; it always has been and always will be this way.

The numbers for kernel RAM usage are 61 MB in Nano vs. 139 in Core. That's less than half and hardly "inexistent". I don't have numbers for full install vs. Core, but I expect there won't be much of a difference so that mostly applies to Nano only.

You're right, they still are alien concepts to many. But going forward that's going to change. And it's about time. The idea of running a window manager on a web server or a DC is just ridiculous to me.

Anyway, I guess we'll just have to agree to disgree here. I believe I've made all my points.

2. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012

Sure. But It's the same on cars, more components more chances they will break. I believe you aren't using a Renault 4 in 2015 just because this way the air conditioner will never break.

Renault, nowadays sells the Twingo the Clio or whatever modern car and provide that they works reliably even if they have one zillion of accessories.

Why this should be true for MS (or Googl, Apple, Symantec, watever)

Nano (that I never mentioned here) is theoretically a great thing, it should be the "two floppies linux of the new millennium", practically is the usual unflexible, pointless MS product, it's good for a really minimal niche of applications. Unlike any minimal Linux distro.

Core has way more sense. But I let you to compare the differences between a full install with the shell set as cmd.exe and a real core. You can do the test with any Windows, client or server, since Nt4.

3. geepnozeex

geepnozeex MDL Junior Member

Oct 21, 2014
    #23 geepnozeex, Jan 26, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Code:
    "FilterAdministratorToken" = DWORD: 00000001
    is not the solution.
    it just removes administrative privileges at the administrator