Windows 10 Activation AFTER 1 Year Free

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Animal99, Aug 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eemuler

eemuler MDL Senior Member

Jul 31, 2015
    No, that hasn't happened yet, thank God, at least not that I'm aware of. It was a hypothetical doomsday scenario to illustrate what M$'s new OS and licensing mechanisms are capable of. Just like our guys are confident that they will be able to build a new activator to counter whatever new activation scheme M$ comes up with, there are guys at M$ trying to figure out how to defeat whatever our activator developers can come up with. The game of cat and mouse is real.

The biggest ray of hope for us lies in the fact that M$ wants us to use Windows 10, pirated or not. I'm sure they will eventually be able to detect whether or not our OS is genuine; whether they decide to do anything about it is another matter. I think that by all this telemetry and data mining stuff they feel that they can get some return from even those who are using pirated Windows 10.

If they do decide to pull the plug on pirated Windows 10, there is no telling how nasty things can get. Google ransomware to get some idea of what can happen.

2. beamslider

beamslider MDL Senior Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Microsoft is not some company located in Pakistan that is a non legitimate business. Thier lawyers would never allow them to expose themselves in that manner

3. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    #43 odiebugs1, Aug 23, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
    Are you sure, wow, that's incredible. They really fixed windows 7, & 8.1 and stopped people. If feel sorry for people trying to use a non legitimate win 7 or 8 to get 10.:laie:

4. eemuler

Jul 31, 2015
    Again, I hope you're right. But look at the track record - whenever M$ has detected that your OS is not genuine, you have had to activate within a fairly short period of grace. Their lawyers never stopped them from doing that. Fortunately our guys have been able to come up with a better activator, so far, so we haven't faced much difficulty. That could change. All they have to do is put a note in their activation servers alongside our HWID that this HWID has repeatedly used fake KMS servers, and then no KMS scheme will work for that HWID, forcing you to buy a retail key. Our guys will need to come up with a way to get us new HWIDs - not impossible, but not easy either.

5. john23

john23 MDL Novice

Sep 20, 2013
    Well..well..well..Are you a Microsoft employee or something.:D lol..JK. "hypothetical doomsday scenario" I like that word. Anyway world does not revolves around Microsoft or its products. People will happily use it unless and untill it is a "manageable freebie", if there is a time that we are not able to get M$ products for free..Then let us change our destiny. Scorpionking.jpg:biggrin:

6. beamslider

Feb 1, 2010
    they have every legal right to do that without risk. Did they hold your files hostage? No. They have no legal right to do so. Did they ban your hardware? No, they have no legal right to do so.

7. Animal99

Animal99 MDL Novice

Jul 14, 2009
    THIS is what the development team will do....MAN! Do you NOT understand what I was asking??????

8. beamslider

Feb 1, 2010
    They will have no way of doing such other than making guesses. Too many variables.

Why waste time on something that is virtually useless anyway?

9. Animal99

Animal99 MDL Novice

Jul 14, 2009
    Ok, back to the original question in the OP. HOW are they activating from a Windows 7 to Windows 10 during the free year phase? Can we circumvent the way they are doing it and do it forever, instead of just the 1 year??? That is what my original question was. Here we are on page 5 of this thread and no one has yet understood the question!

10. eemuler

Jul 31, 2015
    Think about it.
    1. Our most successful activators for Windows 8 and above have been KMS based.
    2. M$ hasn't offered the free upgrade to Windows Enterprise users. Therefore ALL genuine Windows Enterprise users will have to get fresh licenses, and then M$ will have a fresh, detailed database of who has bought which VLK. Details that our guys will need to know in order to build a succesful activator. Details like country and area location, domain, etc. That, I'm sure, our guys will be able to crack. Other stuff, like if they ask that every legitimate installation be reported to M$ by the sysadmin within 15 days, will not be as easy.

11. YIN

YIN MDL Member

May 31, 2009
    1st thing, i never think that I will start kind of "world war 3" in this thread,
    2nd, why the hell you "fighting" on the best/worst activation scenario for windows

I have one opinion about m$ and pirates,
    M$ will allow to pirate use windows 10 at home and earlier cuz:
    At home you can use pirated software but when you will ever need a software for your business you will take windows and office cause this is become cozy for you,
    This is my opinion,
    Share your but please dont fight :hug2:

12. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    When someone thinks they can foresee what a company will do before they do it, then blame people for not understanding when they have no clue, is like explaining to a child not to eat candy off the ground.

13. beamslider

Feb 1, 2010
    Whether you can circumvent it or not is irreverent. There are far better ways of activating it such as KMS and what you are suggesting is not something worth the time to pursue.

You have to wait until the year is up but some say that the 1 year to update in only applies to updates within windows and that you will still be allowed to upgrade it free with a DVD of Windows 10. This may or may not be the case. We can't know until the year is up.

14. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    This could be how they've always thought. As no one with a business would use it.

15. eemuler

Jul 31, 2015
    Did they hold your files hostage? Maybe not, but they sure as hell made the computer practically unusable. I'm not talking about the nagging during the grace period. I'm talking about when the grace period expired. Many of us use the computer for work as well. We can't afford that kind of grief, and M$ is banking on that.

Did they ban your hardware? They couldn't, but now it is possible. Previously you could format your HDD and you were once again an unknown user requesting activation. Now they know you're trying from the same computer.

16. Animal99

Animal99 MDL Novice

Jul 14, 2009
    The problem I have with KMS is that it must be installed on the system. Unlike Windows 7, where we hacked the BIOS/UEFI to change the SLIC. I know that Windows 8/8.1 required us to use KMS activators, but what I was originally asking is to do away with the KMS activators for us to activate Windows 10. We have almost a year to figure it out. We should be starting now so that we aren't all in a panic when the year is up! Some of the responses in this thread didn't help any matters at all. Yes, I know about the free year, and yes, I know about all of that other stuff people posted. My original question was about what happens after the year is up. And that is still where we are at. Circumventing is never "irrelevant" (which is what I think you meant to say). Isn't that what the MDL site was originally set out to do?

Animal99

17. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    The activation is using a HWID. What are you going to do to start figuring this out seeing how you want to help. Have you proven that the two HWID in UEFI are not used by micro ?.

18. eemuler

Jul 31, 2015
    We're not fighting - at least I'm not. We're having a discussion about something we care deeply about. I'll admit frankly that I don't know squat about any other OS. Moving to Linux or any other free OS will hurt me a lot. I'm trying to scare us out of our complacency and start us thinking about other activation schemes rather than relying solely on KMS, because I'm afraid M$ has that figured.

19. Animal99

Animal99 MDL Novice

Jul 14, 2009
    Now, you are starting to understand what I asked...Is there a team working on this yet? If so, I'd like to help. No, I haven't "...proven that the two HWID in UEFI are not used by micro..." because I do not want to start something where someone has already started this. I was merely asking is there a development team in the process of working on this. If so, WHERE is the thread so that I can help out! Why start myself, if it is already started?!?

20. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    #60 odiebugs1, Aug 23, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
    I tried buy only one person cared. Like I said, seeing how it's free, and everyone doesn't need to worry, everyone must be set.

If you can extract network traffic, collect it, and then examine it, you could be a hero, unless the HWID is encrypted and can't be decrypted.

** P.S. I can bet that people like Daz, Heldigard, Hotbird64, and a few others are trying, but I didn't notice if they've posted what they've found so far, and I really don't want to bother them.