Windows 10 activation

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by x86, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    I don't have any VM or real system anymore to test on, all have their 15 HWID's for all SKU's, if a KMS activated 7 would get a free HWID that would have been published a long time ago.

Are you sure you don't mean windows 8.1 with kms activation?

2. pierrotmdl

pierrotmdl MDL Novice

Jan 15, 2014
    No Sir, Windows 7 Home Edition.

3. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    And another thing, there is no windows 7 sku capable of KMS activation and that would upgrade to 10 Home.

4. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    7 Home Basic or Premium can't be KMS activated, only by legit key, slic, bios mod or daz.loader.

The only windows 7 sku's capable of KMS activation are Pro and Enterprise, Pro would upgrade to 10 Pro, not home and never get a HWID.

5. Exposure

Exposure MDL Novice

Aug 30, 2012
    How about the win8.1pro installer to start with, do I need a certain version?

6. Exposure

Exposure MDL Novice

Aug 30, 2012
    #206 Exposure, Apr 12, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    Install 8.1pro 6.3 build 9600, use MTK, run upgrade of win10pro retail ver. 1511 inside 8.1. What seems to be the problem here?

Edited: attached a picture file instead of image hosting.

Update: The error was caused by a faulty win10 installer. I've downloaded an ESD file here, convert it to ISO using ESDtoISO tool, maybe during the convertion process something went wrong. I converted another ISO from the same ESD file again and is now working properly.

2nd update: Yahoo!!!!! Successful!!!!! Activated via HWID. Yes!!!!

Attached Files:

7. whitestar_999

whitestar_999 MDL Addicted

Dec 9, 2011
    ^^Don't use 3rd party image hosting(all forums have attachment functions) & if you do have to then give preference to imgur.

8. Exposure

Exposure MDL Novice

Aug 30, 2012
  9. CreatorR

CreatorR MDL Novice

Dec 19, 2017
    Got an Activation scenario that I'm having issues with. I apologize if it has already been discussed here or somewhere in the forum I looked but couldn't find anything specific to my case.

Old Windows 10 pro install with digital license OEM > Format drive > Image another existing Windows 10 pro install from another machine.

*Image of Windows 10 Pro was licensed on its original machine and has activated before imaged over to 1 other machine many months ago worked fine (with Windows 10 Pro digital license) but refuses to activate now on this current machine.

Things I have tried:
    1. 1. Use elevated cmd to slmgr /upk remove windows key *to attempt to sanitize image
    2. 2. Use elevated cmd to slmgr /cpky remove windows key in registry
    3. 3. Install Win 7 pro and use Genuineticket method and fresh Win 10 pro that digitally activates then format and image over existing Win 10 pro from another machine.
    4. 4. Rebooted many times and waited several days (has worked before)
    5. 5 Put in Generic Win pro 10 key
    6. 6. Force activate with elevated cmd Slmgr /ato

The issue is I need an image I have made of Windows 10 Pro with all the software and network settings to image onto new machines that need to connect to the network with software ready to go or broken machines and activate (as in needs Win 10 pro reinstalled due to unfixable issues). All machines in this use case will have an activated digital license of Windows 10 pro before imaging.

I've done this in the past for certain use cases. No hardware changes for the machine. And it has worked fine as long as the old Windows 10 Pro or Home had an activated digital license.

I'm assuming this is similar to deploying one Windows 10 pro install image too many machines that have an activated digital license (?) Or does that require VL versions and a process, I've never attempted deployment?

As far as I can tell and based on past experience, the Windows 10 Pro software shouldn't matter as long as the hardware combo has a digital license for that machine right? I'm wondering if after the free Windows 10 push they are changing the rules to get more Win 10 pro sales or is there a foolproof way to do these images as needed? I know windows 10 activation can be a bag of rabid cats sometimes.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

10. Liam Thiel

Liam Thiel MDL Novice

Sep 28, 2018
    I recommend you to try keygetter.com its a very good site, you will find all program's serial numbers

11. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    First of all welcome second dont promote fudge here pls

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. lustich

lustich MDL Novice

Dec 3, 2010
    Hi!
    I recently tried installing W7 on a new notebook (Inspiron 5505 with Ryzen 4700u) for doing an HWID update to W10 - but I could not get W7 to install, because this notebook neither has a Legacy BIOS nor a CSM option.
    I tried implanting a Windows7-install.wim onto a Windows 10 ISO, but it didn't work out (missing EULA error..).
    Does ne of you have a solution to this? Like a working W7-Pro/Ultimate setup image für pure UEFI systems?

13. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Considering you're asking this in the win 10 section, you actually want to install 10 on it and are trying the win 7 > 10 upgrade method for a free hwid?

If yes, just install 10 and google for massgravel on github and use MAS 1.4 (hwid) activation.

14. lustich

lustich MDL Novice

Dec 3, 2010
    Thank you! Great forum! :)
    Oh, so this works without oing an actual update now? I used to always install W7 first and use DAZ-Loader for activation, to then update to W10 :)

And this script achieves same? Does it work by fooling the update server into thinking there was W7 on the PC?

15. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    For over 4 years now.
    Does it really matter?;)

16. lustich

lustich MDL Novice

Dec 3, 2010
    Well, yes. I need to at least roughly understand all things that I am using. for actually understandig how good they are in regards to future security, stabililty, compatibility and such.
    The manual solution of installing Windows 7 and update it to Windows 10 always gave me the safe feeling of the Windows 10 license actually being "sanctified" by Microsoft themselves :)

17. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    Nothing is sanctified. Unless you have a properly licensed system to upgrade from, there is no valid license established, legally. It is only technically activated.

Without any licensed older OS, it actually doesn't make any difference (except for the wasted time) whether you do the upgrade or use the HwID tool. Both will give you an activation but no license at all.

18. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Actually after the one year free upgrade offer, msft probably could consider those "legit" hwid's not official either.

19. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Placebo-effect;)