Windows 10 Adoption Already Slowing Down and Microsoft Starts to Worry

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by AcuraTML, Aug 20, 2015.

1. nosense

nosense MDL Senior Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Cool El Capitan has a new graphics API... That no big game devs will use.

Cool El Capitan has snapped windows....Other OS had this feature loooooong time ago.

But but but it has shiny icons and transparency..

2. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

#42 AcuraTML, Aug 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2015
    (OP)
    Osx smokes on graphics and media design studio work and benchmarking and over all light load on core hardware components and less over heating when the video is pushed to the limit the hardware spec is more superior and a higher level design then any pc component current or past design apple is the Rolex when it comes to their hardware specs and operating systems

3. nosense

Sep 9, 2013
    #43 nosense, Aug 21, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
    The apple circle jerk repeating the same thing over and over. Keep on repeating yourself than it might become true.

Less heating? I guess you never own a mac. I've own a first gen mac book air and it was a overheating piece of s**t.

4. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

Let's wait till year end till the fat lady sings. I am sure concrete reports will be out regarding a lot of factors in the area of operating systems and who gains an who goes back to th drawing board consumers have always had the last word and last laugh. On any product from baby food to fuel for you car not just you operating system

5. nosense

Sep 9, 2013
    Fan fact i can build a skylake windows\linux pc right now.

6. nosense

Sep 9, 2013
    Fan fact you can't get an skylake Mac computer right now.

7. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

Man take a chill pill your going to have a stroke son or a heart attack and please use a little respect they way your coming across is a little Mmmm get the drift?

8. nosense

Sep 9, 2013
    Fan fact UMAD BRO Trollol

9. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

Real sorry your feel that way maybe there is a support section in attitude in this forums help? To assist you.

10. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    #50 odiebugs1, Aug 21, 2015
    Wow, 4% CPU, real breaking news for a CPU. The only good thing about this is the 100 series and the few boards that have more than one M2 for a RAID of NVMe or a NVMe of U2, USB 3.1. Unless you have a purse and can carry a laptop, then the low power is better.

Besides that, who cares, Intel making big news out of the meager. When they take off the junk IGPU and add two more cores or add over 30 lanes so MFG's don't need to add a PLX chip, let me know so we can really celebrate.

11. nosense

Sep 9, 2013
    #51 nosense, Aug 21, 2015
    LMAO...... okay, it has to do with saying you can only get the latest and greatest on linux\windows first. When it comes to CPU\GPU\RAM\SSD.

I've seen the benchmarks and skylake is not that big improvement over broadwall\haswell. I've read about 10-15 percent. The only saving grace MIGHT be it overclocks well.

Sucks but AMD isn't really stepping up in the CPU nor the GPU department. AMD marketshare is crashing hard.

12. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    #52 odiebugs1, Aug 21, 2015
    It's all over that the 66 an 67 can hit 4.7 easy.

That 10-15 is on only a few soft, not across the board.

I remember when AMD was smoking Intel, hey you never know what R&D could come out with.

Look at what's happening with 10Nm, silicon had a good life but something else is needed to actually jump in a processor.

13. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

10-4

I have sold all the i5s and i7s chips for the same sound and clear judgment and observation I reverted back to core 2 extreme chips that I will never get rid of as long as I am breathing and alive the core 2 extreme is Intel highest level of first class work in a God father of cpu's just fantastic ND cream of the crop these late core 2 extremes are next to non as far as I am concerned just hard to find a high level working asus socket 775 board

14. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    God forbid they take a 100 series chipset and drop on a 775 socket, OMG they'll lose to much money and won't have millions in the bank. You still see them in benches and there close to what we have in 2015.

15. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

AMD friend has very good
    Central power units matter of fact Intels boys and girls within each other's new design branches are swapped over to Intel for 8 months and virsa for greater Interconnections and supply matter if fact amd and Intel have teamed up with supercunductor industries to put add ins and upgrades to the Swiss atom lab

16. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

#56 AcuraTML, Aug 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2015
    (OP)
    I am very pleased that you sir. Know your stuff and it's a pleasure and you will get my true respect onward...

That's for sure that's why Intel hush hush dropped the x project too much coin to maintain development and a very very very big major flaw the x series can not be tracked and when that leaked the entire e series staff got walked out within 3 months whoever has a x7990 or any x core 2s you are very lucky they are gems and rare

17. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    Is the upgrade offer on 8.1 and the nag dependent on 2 updates only: 2976978, 3035583. I have avoided these 2 updates not because I do not want 10 but because I do not need to be reminded constantly. Any other updates that I should hide though I think these 2 have solved the problem. I have 2 acronis images of 8.1 and 10 and switch back and forth.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  18. Carol666

Carol666 MDL Member

Aug 12, 2015
    #58 Carol666, Aug 21, 2015
    I'm actually thinking of going back to Windows 8.1, win 10 is just to much hassle trying to find out what windows app spying on you disabling all those registry keys trying to remove services and all other crap. Plus there's something that's writing to my ssd constantly at 1% even on standby the same with graphic card constantly 1 to 3% use.
    Windows 10 hassle with updates you can't install easily what you want.
    The only thing that has really improved over 8.1 is boot up time. Ram use is just the same. And 10 takes a bit less space after install on my ssd about 11gb

You click unhide hidden files in control panel after reboot it will hide again. Not even saying you can't disable that crap malicious removal tool easily,

Start menu is disappointing they used letters you have to click letter to find the app you want to find those letters are bigger than icons and you have to remember exact name of the app you're looking for. Start menu in win 10 is total crap.

Everytime I connect to Internet for the first few sec windows will send some few kb of whatever and a few b backs I disabled whole telemetry but it is still doing it.

When you go to Explorer and you tick hide hidden drivers it will hide them then you restart windows and it will unhide them by itself.

Microsoft added some new services like passport I don't use it and I can't disable it.

Tile server that's updating tiles in start menu over the net if I disable it using autoruns start menu will stop working.

Windows ten most definitely sucks and I paid $150 for it. Total waste of money

Windows 10 equals Google Android but you free to install custom rom without Google crapware and with Windows you can't do that

19. damianfox

damianfox MDL Senior Member

Jan 23, 2011
    The reason why Windows 10 will not become popular is this, Forced Windows Updates/Driver Updates.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  20. alperi75

alperi75 MDL Senior Member

Aug 18, 2009
    @damianfox: You must write gpedit.msc in run (I think that home version it isn't possible).