Windows 10 and IE9

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by JFKI, Jul 2, 2016.

1. JFKI

JFKI MDL Expert

Oct 25, 2015
    Windows 10 and IE9
    Has anyone here succeeded with this combination ?
    If so, how did you do it ?

Please don't say virtual machine because this particular employers IT department will not allow that...
    Nor will they allow Firefox which would be the ideal solution.

2. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    #2 PhaseDoubt, Jul 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
    It has to be IE9? IE11 is an integral part of Windows 10. You have to find it under C:/Program files/Internet Explorer but it's there ... at least in Home edition it is. If your IT department is requiring IE9 then they should be the ones to figure this out.

3. JFKI

JFKI MDL Expert

Oct 25, 2015
    Not MY IT department.

It has to be IE9 because a piece of critical software located on the net requires it.
    ( Something that IT department can not seem to grasp. Who else would upgrade hardware without checking compatability ? )
    This will change this fall but that does no good at the moment.

Sorry, I can't divulge much more.

4. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    Young Jedi, I don't want to know any more. But if ANY IT department requires the use of "X" then they are responsible for getting "X" to work on company computers. Many a company has had growing pains when it came to upgrading to a newer version of Windows. My multinational corporation sure did, but that was a corporate level responsibility. We worker bees just did our jobs and let the bosses and other high level movers and shakers deal with the problems. That's what they were paid the big bucks for. But no matter, like an ice cream cone on a hot day, you seem to have it well in hand.

5. JFKI

JFKI MDL Expert

Oct 25, 2015
    LOL @ ice cream... Very true.

Right now "X" doesn't work for them, and I rely on them for cross checking the results which I come up with within "X", and they rely on me for my results.
    Deadlines are coming way too quickly, and without a truly symbiotic relationship with them, they ( including their IT department ) and I may find ourselves in search of a new job...
    And many innocents will suffer even more than they currently are.
    It is too bad they can't see the writing on the wall like I can.

Thanks for calling me young, but the cold hard reality is that not unlike Windows 7, I am much too rapidly approaching my end of lifecycle.

6. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    #8 PhaseDoubt, Jul 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
    Well, it's your call and I'll make no further comment after this as this conversation is way off the original request. But you don't work for them and yet you're trying to get involved in some hush-hush business that you don't have a real connection to? Or do you in fact have a connection to it and you believe something dire is about to happen? Sounds like a case of maybe you just need to let the business work out their own solutions if they haven't requested you help in this matter. But that's just a personal opinion based on 32 years in the corporate world and is essentially a useless proposition for anybody but me.

If it's a situation where people are going to suffer some adverse business fate because a business is having difficulties, well ... that's nothing new unfortunately. It's good to be concerned, but unless you're at a significantly high enough position to effect change in the business rather quickly, it will all likely be for naught. Have they even requested your help on the subject? Sounds to me from your original post they didn't and you're trying to be a good Samaritan.

But, it's your decision and you're welcome to it. I'm just glad it's not me any longer dealing with this sort of "confusion". Good luck.

7. Kouryu

Kouryu MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Look up "Enterprise Mode"... it involves some registry changes to turn it on, this will emulate IE8 for specific sites instead, should work fine for your needs