Windows 10 automatically scans your computer for pirated software.

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by AcuraTML, Aug 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

you never know!

honestly

2. Aly

Aly MDL Member

Feb 27, 2008
    Need moar FUD on this forum :busted_red:

3. freiwald

freiwald MDL Senior Member

Jul 27, 2015
    stop posting s**t in here, like in every thread. it's unbelievable how much s**t is coming out of you. do you really think something like this will ever happen or happened before?
    people are using windows since forever illegal and nothing happend.

this part of eula only covers xbox and xbox live service and has nothing to do with illegal or pirated software on your pc. GOD DAMN you can't be this stupid stop your trolling already.

4. riahc3

riahc3 MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
    You kids need to stop making things up.

This is only geared towards Universal Apps (both Xbox and found in the Windows Store). It does not affect any other apps you install any other method (Steam, disc, etc.)

5. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    @friewald,odiebugs1: What you both say makes perfect sense to Me. The Xbox and Windows are two different animals.

I admit, In the past, I have made statements as to the possibility of this, and provided a scenario where something
    like this -might- happen. But what I said was just a hypothetical scenario based on my knowledge of existing technologies,
    and how they could -possibly- be used to accomplish this.

For Microsoft to execute a plan like this, It would be a market killer for them. They would lose all trust from their already spooked user base. From a business perspective, it would make no sense for them to do that.

To contribute FUD to this serves no good purpose, except to needlessly upset people.

I'm sorry to say this, but because of Hollywood, the masses have an unrealistic perception as to the state of the computer science world. Most people do not understand hacking, cracking, or piracy. They only have a preconceived notion based on the bullschitt that's fed to them from Hollywood.

And some of us look at this science fiction and laugh.

Please. Don't get caught up in the Hollywood hype. If you don't know, or are not sure, then ask someone. There are enough tech gurus around here who will "set you straight" with regards to what's possible, and what's not.

And take the ney-sayers with a grain of salt.

Hell, I suggest you take what I say with a grain of salt. I could be wrong. I've been wrong before, and I'm sure I'll be wrong again. :)

:MJ

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Carol666

Carol666 MDL Member

Aug 12, 2015
    My windows just finished scanning I have no third party pirated apps only windows itself.

Anyways when it finished I gotta message saying.

"Your copy of Windows isn't genuine should I format your disk or you will go and pay for what you stole? "

7. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Screenshot or GTFO lol

8. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    clowns, useless clowns ... I'm really tired :p

9. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Sometimes I feel like we should completely kick off the whole Windows 10 section because it's a PITA to moderate and people just mock and insult each other... can there be any thread about these privacy concerns without members using the S-word, the F-word and other lovely compliments? Thanks and good night.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...