WINDOWS 10,blue screen

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by perre, Oct 16, 2015.

1. cuteee

cuteee MDL Guru

Oct 13, 2012
    #41 cuteee, Jul 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
    I'll wait and see if I get this error again. I had problem with the screen after I got the previous error.

When I install Win10 I got all the problem :
    1) freezing
    2) internet problem
    3) BSOD errors.
    4) Screen not turn on after boot windows.

2. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    has nothing to do with win10....what your experiencing is hardware failure.

3. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012

Fanboysm doesn't help in either case.:D

4. cuteee

cuteee MDL Guru

Oct 13, 2012
    #44 cuteee, Jul 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
    I live in country that most of the time is hot. Not good for hardware.
    My PC still work because I clean the dust every half a year.

5. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011

If his system was stable before installing the driver, this is unlikely.

6. 100

100 MDL Expert

May 17, 2011
    If you don't even get video during boot (i.e. the BIOS POST screen or the mainboard splash screen) then it's not going to be an issue with Windows.
    It could be an indication of video card failure, and the BSODs could be symptoms of that.

7. cuteee

cuteee MDL Guru

Oct 13, 2012
    #47 cuteee, Jul 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
    I cleaned the PC from dust : motherboard and video card. I hope it's work. If I get freezing again I will replace the video card.
    Now Windows 10 work like I made clean install.

8. makin.ditch

makin.ditch MDL Member

Feb 23, 2014
    #48 makin.ditch, Jul 4, 2016
    I'm not sure what you're using for a PC, but I've found that default "Basic" video driver to do that to a couple of my older ones. If you haven't already take a look in Device Manager and see what you have happening for a video driver. I also had the Intel one that was released around this time last year do the black screen thing as well. It's a laptop though and just closing and opening the screen or unplugging and plugging back in triggered the screen coming back to life.

My advice, if you have a recent video card that is still supported with updates, go to the manufacturer's site and look for newer ones, or beta ones. If it's an older card and Windows has the basic video driver loaded then go find a Windows 7 version or whatever you can and install that. Windows Update drivers from Windows 7 solved those same issues for an old laptop I had, shame Windows 10 won't download those ones and use them by default :(. Instead they try using that awful basic driver. Strange it seem ed work better with 10240 here as well.

9. cuteee

cuteee MDL Guru

Oct 13, 2012
    So if my video card compatible with windows 7 and I have windows 10 installed, I need to install video card driver of windows 7 ?

10. makin.ditch

makin.ditch MDL Member

Feb 23, 2014
    #50 makin.ditch, Jul 4, 2016
    *ONLY IF WINDOWS 10 DRIVERS NOT AVAILABLE FOR YOUR VIDEO CARD, ie., if it's an older card and if you look in Device manager and instead of listing your video card as what it is, it lists it as a "Basic Display Adapter" or something like that.

I have an old Dell Inspiron 6400, that's exactly what I have to do or else I get the same issues as you. Then I still get the black screen issues when the screen goes to sleep so I disable the screen going to sleep in the power option. Windows 10 is compatible with Windows 7 and 8 whql certified drivers, you just don't get DX11 but that's because the card is older and doesn't support that.

YES, if there aren't Windows 10 drivers available I highly recommend using the newest Windows 7 or 8 drivers you can find over that awful default "Basic" driver that comes with Windows 10. Funny thing is it didn't seem so bad when Windows 10 first came out, maybe I'm wrong about that part. But yes, I even have a Dell Inspiron 1010 that runs Windows 10, haha. I looked far and wide and found a driver for the video that was supported and it works far better than the "Basic" driver that came with Windows 10. As I said, my issues were all similar to yours, nothing wrong with the hardware, all driver related.

11. makin.ditch

makin.ditch MDL Member

Feb 23, 2014
    Also, Windows 10 sometimes has the habit of uninstalling these older drivers when a major update comes out, my work around for that is once I get everything working the way I want I run "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /RestBase" and that seems to "lock" in the working older video driver, had to do that with the older laptops as well as the Dell Venue tablets, I'm sure I'm not the only one. The Dell Venue, if you don't run that command and "Reset Windows" it won't have any working network driver and it has to be installed by micro usb or micro SD. If you do that it saves those drivers you installed manually.

12. cuteee

cuteee MDL Guru

Oct 13, 2012
    I think I replace the video card. It freeze and then after turn off computer the screen not turn on, only after 6-7 pressing on boot pc button.

13. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    Try to run Win 7 driver in compatibility mode at least Win 8 for metro sh t.:worthy::worthy:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  15. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Er.....! And just to mention, if we use older VGA Cards and getting some problems with it, like BSoD and so, we take out that card and clean it totally, include the remove the Fan, Heatsink and old Thermal Grease from GPU!

As cleaning solution we're using Thinner AAA, applied with an old Toothbrush for to 'washing' the whole PCB and a Airblower for to dry. After done that, we fixing the Heatsink and Fan back (after applying new Thermal Grease to the GPU). Last we use a soft pencil rubber to clean the connector feets of the card.

Time for testing (we use an extra machine for that, which has several OS'es installed, before place the Card back into it's own machine if working well!

Dust, moisture and other enviromental things, like Ant's etc. could have huge impacts for such electronic hardware. Here in Thailand we have the 'famous' small Geckos, which find it's way into near everything, special where it's hot!

16. cuteee

cuteee MDL Guru

Oct 13, 2012
    I clean the video card inside and windows not freeze and the screen turn on at least now. I don't know when the problems back again. I didn't know how much the video card sensitive to dust.

Inside the PC the video card get the most dust at least in my PC.