Windows 10 Build 10122 - not booting any more

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by fonix232, May 26, 2015.

1. fonix232

fonix232 MDL Novice

May 1, 2011
    A few hours ago, my main PC with 10122 froze - I was using Visual Studio 2015, so no wonder, usual battery out, battery in should do the trick.
    Not in this case.

Since I pulled the battery, my laptop won't boot into Windows. It goes past the loading screen, I get the initial blackness, then cut, and reboot.

I've tried startup repair (does not work, as it is from Build 10076), and removing some temp files, whatnot, but it does not work. It can't detect the system restore points I had, and nothing works. Booting into safe mode results the same, disabling "reboot on error" is the same too, and I've ran out of ideas.

Currently I'm on a TAILS live USB, so even downloading Win10 is out of my options.

Anyone got any ideas, suggestions?

2. maya77

maya77 MDL Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Ask someone to download 10125 for you?

3. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Why is downloading on a live CD out of the question? There is still a HDD in the machine to save the ISO to, and you can still create USB from Live CD

4. fonix232

fonix232 MDL Novice

May 1, 2011
    Apparently you are not familiar with TAILS. It is a security oriented OS, boots only in Live mode, is not persistent, does not allow the browser to access anything but its own data folder (/home/user/Tor Browser), and most importantly, it connects through Tor - meaning incredibly slow downloads.

Best would be if there was a way to update the recovery partition (my installs are strictly UEFI), without downloading 2+ GBs.

5. Snuffy

Snuffy MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    open a Command Prompt as Administrator

type: bootrec /fixMBR [enter]
    type: bootrec /fixBoot [enter]
    type: bootrec /rebuildBCD [enter]
    reboot the computer

bcdedit /set {bootmgr} device partition=C: