Windows 10: Bye bye for me.

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by t0mn8r, Aug 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldMX

OldMX MDL Addicted

Jul 30, 2009
    Always take J-Lawrence's posts with a grain of salt.

2. Edwe

Edwe MDL Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Ok so you waiting for version #???

3. pii

pii MDL Junior Member

Nov 3, 2012
    I hear this with every OS update but its probably seems faster because you did a fresh install.
    I have both installed a duel boot both and they are pretty much the same speed wise, once they are "broken in" (ie lots of stuff installed)

4. pii

pii MDL Junior Member

Nov 3, 2012
    But that's pretty much what the masses do, opt in to auto update and if they don't they probably never update at all, thus your 2 week deadline will come and go so why not just update them? Seriously how many bad updates have you gotten that bricked millions of machines? I've had auto update on in win 7 since the beginning and have not had one issue.

Now a corporate environment is a different story.
    However having the option would be nice for those that prefer to wait and see, like yourself.

5. Super Spartan

Super Spartan MDL Expert

May 30, 2014
    oh really? is that why my internet seems slower on Windows 10? maybe because all the bandwidth is being sucked by Microsoft calling home and sending all my data to them

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Super Spartan

Super Spartan MDL Expert

May 30, 2014
    OldMX = poor guy doesn't have any facts to present and it offends him that I show the people how Windows 10 loses in every performance benchmark.

Thanks for your informative post, I enjoyed reading it. Keep trolling.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. pii

pii MDL Junior Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Sooooo you think they can't spy on you with Win 7? Might want to give Mr. Snowden a call.

8. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012
    Just disable it.

Comparisons should be made with, more or less, the same features enabled.

9. pii

pii MDL Junior Member

Nov 3, 2012
    "#3 what counts for most of the users is the boot time, the time needed to get the IP from a router, the resume time, the time needed to open a browser and so on, not those useless benchmarks."

Which is about a 1 sec difference. So what are you going to do with all that free time you save booting up a whole second faster?

10. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012
    No is not, usually the difference is around 10 seconds on SSDs and way more on HDDs

11. pii

pii MDL Junior Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Or maybe what "seems" isn't what is really happening?

12. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    PEACE! Maybe try CloudOS when it comes out. :D

13. pii

pii MDL Junior Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Are you referring to TOTAL Boot time or the difference in boot times? Because if you are talking about the difference in boot times, which I was, between Win 7 , win 8 and win 10, you are dead wrong.
    But lets say you are right (you're not but lets pretend) What are you going to do with that 10 seconds of new free time? :rolleyes:

14. OldMX

OldMX MDL Addicted

Jul 30, 2009
    I'm sorry you're butthurt, but lets face it, you have a serious issue, doesnt matter what nickname you use, like Ian82, MatrixLeader, Maximus666, or what computer you use, a desktop, laptop, alienware, dell, asus, etc...you still will find windows issues where there arent and you're so easy to manipulate, I see how you run into reinstalling windows at every tip you read on many other forums ypu're suscribed, and guess what, it doesnt matter if you reinstall windows 10 times a day, or go back and forward between 7/8/8.1/10, you still dont know how to properly use a computer, and the sad part is you're already a 30+ year old grown unemployed married man. Enjoy your autism :D

15. Aemsa

Aemsa MDL Member

Feb 17, 2014
    top kek, that J-Lawrence with another nick guy spams the overclock.net forums with the same bull$ every day.

16. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012
    I guess you need a good chronometer.

I can live happily with seven, linux and even XP (which is still well alive and kicking), and I don't like all the W10 spying crap, but I can't see why I can't appreciate the the innovations present on w8 or w10.

They are faster, period. I care of it.

17. nexus76

nexus76 MDL Addicted

Jan 25, 2009
  18. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    Would it please be possible to make sure I don't see a "HERE ARE MY PERSONAL REASONS FOR NOT USING THIS DEVIL'S OS BASED ON "EVIDENCE" THAT'S NOT EVEN BEEN PROVEN!!!" or "IT IS MY PERSONAL MISSION TO NOT LET ANYONE USE WINDOWS 10 "BECAUSE IT SUCKS AND IS EVIL" AND I MUST OPEN OTHER PEOPLE'S EYES SO THEY REALIZE THIS TOO" thread?

Thanks you! This way I don't have to click through to page 2 to find the threads that are actually useful...