Windows 10 Collision - attempting to reverse to (Dell) OEM WIN8

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by PeeCee, Apr 21, 2016.

1. PeeCee

PeeCee MDL Novice

Apr 21, 2016
    Hello All,
    As an early adopter to Windows 10 from 8 on a Dell Inspiron 15Z-5523, I finally attempted a dual boot to handle some things lost in the upgrade. I was 'rear-ended' and things hit the fan when the USB boot failed under the "Legacy" option. Then I reversed back to UEFI and attempted a WIN10 HDD boot. First, Win8 complained with a recovery screen and would not boot. (I know I should have created a recovery device). Then I downloaded a recovery file from microsoft and attempted to run it from USB. This was its the death star: No Bios boot screen, only the Dell 3-3-3 beeps. Spent all night disassembling laptop, removing and shorting things. This morning I created a FreeDOS boot USB using Rufus (very easy) and it booted!
    Then I proceeded to download the BIOS from Dell and loaded it using the /forceit option. It now appears to boot the bios consistently, but I lost the ability to boot the FreeDos USB Stick even with Legacy enabled - (anybody know why?)
    I just need to get back to where I was before this dual boot attempt and I believe I can do it with an OEM Windows 8 iso image.

It appears once upon a time there may have been a OEM WIN8 ISO download link here. Does anyone know of a valid Win8 iso available to satisfy an OEM reload?

Any help is greatly appreciated:
    1. Why USB no longer boots and
    2. Windows 8 iso!

PeeCee