Windows 10 Covering all ACTIVATION Processes and Checking/ B/U ADDED

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by odiebugs1, Aug 25, 2015.

1. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Try the pro key with T83GX at the end

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    But then they are turning OS into KMS, and they probably want genuine. I'm just guessing.

3. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    #64 odiebugs1, Sep 29, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
    (OP)
    I don't believe it does, just as win 8 does not place a SLIC table or key in the BIOS.

There is the KMS solution or use win 7 and loader to get a 10 build.

*** If win 10 continues to use 3.0, it hasn't been able to be duplicated to now, so I think if you want 10, you'll need what is above this line.

4. xinso

xinso MDL Guru

Mar 5, 2009
    #65 xinso, Sep 29, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
    Yes, there is Windows 10 with SLIC 3 OEM-DM. Ask Tito. I could not find the post about it here at MDL.

And in addition to Windows 7/8.1, preview builds like 10130 will do as well.

That is why I wonder: More Windows less Apples?

5. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    Thanks X:

I was under the impression they didn't use the MSDM or inject a key, but now trying to see about win 10, a few say that this is wrong and instead of using a embedded generic, it's using a individual key placed in the ACPI.

I'm so confused, LOL

6. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    Very sorry Troto, I missed your post.

I haven't been able to test that and can't at the moment. But if we look at what can happen as a customer. You have home and then buy pro, which would be the same, so if the MS server activated home, then you activate win 7 pro, it should activate win 10 pro. You need to test this, and activate 10 pro. Then clean install home and see if it activates, but you should decide what you want because there is no statement from MS stating one HWID can have multiple win 10 versions, though they do state that a version is eligible for win 10, so having three versions should get you three free copies. But what happens if after the free upgrade you have a problem and they ask for the key of the eligible windows, you might have a problem. I suggest you stick with pro.

As for KMS, the programs like KMS ALL, KMSpico, emulate the KMS server, so windows doesn't call MS, so it doesn't obfuscate the HWID. In the long run if you have the worst case scenario and were blocked, you can run Enterprise or a pro VL and use KMS tools.

Again, so sorry I missed your post.

7. moondawq

moondawq MDL Novice

Oct 21, 2008
    I have the same problem. Used the mediacreation tool to create the ISO's. Ran the gatherosstate.exe on a KMS activated Win 8.1 pro. Saved the genuineticket xml file. Installed a clean windows 10 without internet connection,put the file it in the right folder, rebooted and enabled internet. But no joy. Windows 10 activation claims that the key is invalid. :(

Any suggestions?

8. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    #69 odiebugs1, Oct 2, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
    (OP)
    Can you please try this and let me know if within 24hrs it works, it can take a while to Act.

Remove key - Open a command prompt as an Administrator. Enter slmgr /upk and wait for this to complete. This will uninstall the current product key from Windows and put it into an unlicensed state. Enter slmgr /cpky and wait for this to complete. This will remove the product key from the registry if it's still there, and then Enter slmgr /rearm and wait for this to complete. This is to reset the Windows activation timers.

9. xinso

xinso MDL Guru

Mar 5, 2009
    #70 xinso, Oct 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  10. ThrottleAbuse

ThrottleAbuse MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2015
    If I am currently running Windows XP is the best solution to simply do a Windows 7 Pro install > daz/kmcspico > Windows 10 Pro? And I activate Windows 10 with the process from 1aa in the first post?

11. andercosta2015

andercosta2015 MDL Novice

Jul 14, 2015
    Does this affect digital entitlement activations??? Or original activations deactivated after upgrading to Windows 10??????

12. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    Digital entitlement activation, is digital HWID activation. The Microsoft server is sent the HWID (hardware ID ) of the system and it gets stored so the system can be clan installed at any time.

There are conflicting reports about the original Windows version, I posted what was said below. In writing, your old license is deactivated after a month of not returning to it, but at the microsoft community, a mod stated you will not lose it.

Microsoft - Yes, while we think you will love all the features of Windows 10, you will have one month after upgrading to revert back to the previous version of Windows on your device.
    Mod at MS community -Your Windows 7 license will always be valid and will not be changed or deactivated because of the upgrade to Windows 10: you'll be able to install or restore Windows 7 again in case you'll need to do that (provided that you've the Windows 7 installation DVD or a set of Windows 7 restore discs or a full disk image of your PC running Windows 7, of course).

13. tostep

tostep MDL Novice

Jun 8, 2009
    Question

Good evening!

Situation:
    1. My laptop had preinstalled Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 (so my laptop has SLIC table in it's BIOS).
    2. I've activated Windows 10 Home x64 (so Microsoft's servers already have my HWID, connected to Windows 10 Home x64).
    3. I'm going to install Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1 on my laptop (using proper XRM-MS certificate). Probably, Windows 10 Pro x64 will be successfully activated after I'll do it (so Microsoft's servers will store the same HWID, but connected to Windows 10 Pro x64).
    Question: What edition of Windows (Home or Pro) will be activated, if I use clean install of Windows 10 later?

14. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    #78 odiebugs1, Oct 13, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
    (OP)
    Well if you do # 3, then you need to upgrade using windows 10 pro, you need to either save the Genuine ticket from post 1aa on first page or you need upgrade to the same version of the last
    older windows version that was activated.

If you activate windows 7 home, you can only upgrade to home, if you activate windows 7 pro or ultimate, you can install and upgrade to windows 10 pro.

Or you can run the gatherosstate.exe on win 7 home and run it on win 7 pro, and use each genuine ticket from each to clean install the same version of windows 10.

If you have any questions or don't understand what I posted please ask.

15. tostep

tostep MDL Novice

Jun 8, 2009
    I understand what you say. It's possible to install Windows 10 Pro (from Windows 7 Pro, which I'm going to make genuine) even if I have installed and activated Windows 10 Home (from Windows 7 Home) on the same laptop. I know it because of posts:

After two installation of different Windows 10 editions, Microsoft will be have 2 HWID: 1st for Windows 10 Home and 2nd - for Windows 10 Pro. And I'm interested - What edition of Windows (Home or Pro) will be activated, if I use clean install of Windows 10 later (after all manipulations)?

P.S. Sorry for my bad English - maybe my situation was not clear explained.

16. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    Which ever was last older install. If you install win 7 home and you upgrade win 10 home, then you install win 7 pro, you must upgrade to pro now, if you want to install win 10 home home again, you need to install win 7 home again. The last windows 7 version installed will allow the win 10 version.

If you install win 7 home again, you can't upgrade to win 10 pro, it must be home. If you install win 7 pro again this time, you can't upgrade win 10 home, it must be win 10 pro.

Last older version installed must be used in new version.

I hope you understand.