Windows 10 D-S-T-DEZABLER

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by RanCorX2, Jan 16, 2017.

1. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami MDL Expert

Mar 15, 2014
    #241 TairikuOkami, Apr 2, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    I use this, it works on bat.

Code:
    reg add "HKCR\*\shell\runas" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "Take ownership" /f
    reg add "HKCR\*\shell\runas" /v "HasLUAShield" /t REG_SZ /d "" /f
    reg add "HKCR\*\shell\runas" /v "NoWorkingDirectory" /t REG_SZ /d "" /f
    reg add "HKCR\*\shell\runas\command" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%%1\" && icacls \"%%1\" /grant administrators:F" /f
    reg add "HKCR\*\shell\runas\command" /v "IsolatedCommand" /t REG_SZ /d "cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%%1\" && icacls \"%%1\" /grant administrators:F" /f
    reg add "HKCR\Directory\shell\runas" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "Take ownership" /f
    reg add "HKCR\Directory\shell\runas" /v "HasLUAShield" /t REG_SZ /d "" /f
    reg add "HKCR\Directory\shell\runas" /v "NoWorkingDirectory" /t REG_SZ /d "" /f
    reg add "HKCR\Directory\shell\runas\command" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%%1\" /r /d y && icacls \"%%1\" /grant administrators:F /t" /f
    reg add "HKCR\Directory\shell\runas\command" /v "IsolatedCommand" /t REG_SZ /d "cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%%1\" /r /d y && icacls \"%%1\" /grant administrators:F /t" /f

Attached Files:

2. LilBlinx

LilBlinx MDL Junior Member

Aug 31, 2016
    In previous versions (v4) there was a reg tweak where every single program was opened as admin even cmd. Can you include it or at least post it here?

EDIT: I'm retarded, the post above me solves it

3. MonarchX

MonarchX MDL Expert

May 5, 2007
    That did not help me though. This all began ever since I completely disabled UAC in registry because with Creator's Update that does not prevent you from using Store Apps. Re-enabling UAC via registry does not solve the issue even when higher security levels are selected. I noticed that event log kept showing LUAFV driver was disabled, which is related to UAC, and I have not deliberately disabled any drivers/drivers services yet - have not touched them. I then looked at LUAFV in registry and it was set to AUTO, but it was dependent on Fltmgr.sys which was set to 0 (4 = disabled, not sure what 0 means). I will set it to 2 (AUTO) and see what happens...

4. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami MDL Expert

Mar 15, 2014
    I have luaf stopped and I have UAC set to max, so that is not it. Do you have service "Application Information" running? That one controls UAC/admin tasks.

5. MonarchX

MonarchX MDL Expert

May 5, 2007
  6. RanCorX2

RanCorX2 MDL Addicted

Jul 19, 2009
  7. MonarchX

MonarchX MDL Expert

May 5, 2007
    Thanks! I wonder if there is a way to create a .bat that would allow for temporary ownership of a folder Tasks, disable all Tasks (except Software Protection and the one that controls typing in Settings), and restores default ownership because in my experience the 3 things that eventually break the OS are full UAC disabling, ownership of system or protected files or folders, and manual removal of system or protected files and folders. I know Unlocked is a good tool for removal of system and protected files and folders without taking ownership, but it can only delete or rename things, not disable them...

8. RanCorX2

RanCorX2 MDL Addicted

Jul 19, 2009
    taking ownership of files / folders is fine as is turning uac off, it's only an annoyence for pc users, plus you have set lots apps to run as admin and are restricted on driver installations (unsigned), it's just a hassle. i've never had any issues taking ownershhip on files and folders as the other permissions remain, the only thing that would screw things up permissions wise would be removing all permissions from a system crtical file.

now, taking ownership of certain things in the registry, that will scew things up.

9. MonarchX

MonarchX MDL Expert

May 5, 2007
    This is not working when I tweak services and tasks and then disable UAC:

Its from Toggle Tweaker 4.0. No matter how I try to launch that .bat file (as admin or not), it keeps telling me to run it as admin. If UAC is ENABLED BEFORE all the tweaking services and tasks, then I can use Run as Admin on this .bat and it works. However, if I RE-enable UAC AFTER tweaking services and tasks, that .bat file will keep asking me to run it in admin mode.

10. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Is not the only flaw in this :g:. Disabling Onedrive will try to delete the SysWOW64 folder itself :cool2:.

Handle at own risk.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. MonarchX

MonarchX MDL Expert

May 5, 2007
    I don't see anything related to OneDrive in there...

12. MonarchX

MonarchX MDL Expert

May 5, 2007
    #253 MonarchX, Apr 4, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    Holy crap - you are correct! That is where pretty much ALL my problems were coming from! I just used CCleaner and it found a TON of bad registry entries in SysWOW64 for a LOT of files, including DirectX files, Audio driver files, VC++ Redist files, etc. WHY?

So technically there is no way to even cleanly get rid of Cortana with Creator's Update because using

does not work. After you restart PC you get a notification that Windows failed to update or whatever and all files seem in-tact... Is there some other way to get rid of it in Creator's Update?

13. RanCorX2

RanCorX2 MDL Addicted

Jul 19, 2009
    re-upped batches with a few changes.

also added a sli safe batch "2a. DisableWDServicesSLISafe.bat"

keeps the wmi acpi driver active, on my laptop that has sli, if i disable that driver it removes sli setting from the nv cpl.
    not sure if it does the same thing ona desktop, but including the safe bat in case it does.

removed wcmsvc from batch 1. as it's needed for wlan auto connect.

added drivers used by holo apps to list.

revised task sched list to include all items.

i see people keep talking removing cortana...

just run the batch file in the permissions folder and it'll disable cortana, no need to faf around removing stufff.

14. MonarchX

MonarchX MDL Expert

May 5, 2007
    Sweet, but I think it is a personal process of finding what works and what not. I got a single NTFS BSOD already and my power button, if pressed once, usually forces all apps to close and for PC to properly shut down, but after tweaks a single short power button press sort of reboots explorer and does not turn PC off. Is this ACPI driver related?

I also suggest to leave the default system drivers alone, like the Plus and Play enumerator, some other Enumerator.

It also begs the question why you think it's a good idea to disable a driver service related to normal service that you left enabled. For exams AppID service is set to ManuAl, but the driver for it is disabled.

When we talk about Cortana and She'll we talk about making sure SearchUI and She'll processes are not running in the background. Disabling Cortana does not prevent SearchUI from running in the background in Suspended Mode.

15. RanCorX2

RanCorX2 MDL Addicted

Jul 19, 2009
    i missed the appid one, it's now disabled.

disabling all the drivers is safe, i've tested the batches on 4 different systems with different specs.

removing the permissions from cortana searchui stops it from loading, the process doesn't load at all. test and woking.

if it's still loading for you, your not running with uac disabled or doing something wrong.

16. MonarchX

MonarchX MDL Expert

May 5, 2007
    #257 MonarchX, Apr 5, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
    Oh that is why you included that Permissions thing for Cortana. I hope the same can be done Shell Experience Host .exe. I am also not sure about:
    - Removing DHCP dependencies and disabled it. Would that not cause big problems? EDIT: Nevermind, we're supposed to disable only port 135, not the whole thing, right?
    - What are those filters and their dependencies?
    - What do those boot commands do? I would also add one to remove debugging and I know what Test Signing is for, but don't see how it improves anything...
    - Disabling Cortana your way by denying permission breaks the Start Menu
    - With these tweaks, even if nothing Xbox-related is touched, I was forced to set the Xbox Accessory service to Automatic for the Xbox controller to work in games... I also have to connect and disconnect my Xbox controller for the OS to register XInput... This is annoying -any idea what is causing and how to fix it?
    - What does Set-ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned do and why do we need it?
    - Why turn off hybernation? Wouldn't that increase boot time? I think its a necessity for the UEFI fast boot feature...

It would be SO awesome if you could provide a ReadMe with rather thorough explanations of each tweak and its benefit... Your tweaks are AWESOME. Although I have not gained a single FPS in games, but overall latency in LatencyMon went from 40-60 to 16-30!

17. RanCorX2

RanCorX2 MDL Addicted

Jul 19, 2009
    dhcp doesn't get disabled, just removes tdx from it's dependencies.
    the filters are ksthunk for media devices and volsnap, rdyboost and fvevol for drives

safe if you don't use system restore, bitlocker drive encryption or readyboost

i don't use the start menu so i can live with the greyed out menu, still better than removing cortana, if you even need to use the menu you can restore the searchui permissions or restart the tliedatamodel service

i don't use xb1 controllers so i disabled all the xbox stuff, 360 controller support works though

the pshell script just enables scripting on uac

i don't use hybernation or uefi

the boot tweaks just disable boot logging, enable test signing, disable dep and a few other things

18. MonarchX

MonarchX MDL Expert

May 5, 2007
    #259 MonarchX, Apr 6, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
    Thanks man! I bet you could make a hell of a powerful Tweak Tool with your tweaks because they are both - benefitical and don't break anything. For Test Signing mode, the DSEO tool provides a really outdated Watermark remover that alters system files and doesn't work for me anyway. Universal Watermark Disabler from WinAero works like a charm though! I figured that Test mode is faster than regular mode because no resources are used for driver verification.

Which of your new files contains the HOLO drivers/services?

I have this problem with disabling UAC - it really messes up the whole Run As Admin thing for me. Normally, if I do not use Run as Admin, it runs in non-Admin mode, but when UAC is Disabled entirely, then some things run As Admin by default without right-clicking and selecting Run as Admin, while others don't want to run in Admin mode at all. For example, with UAC Disabled, CMD always starts in my user profile directory instead of Windows\System32, regardless of whether I launch normally or As Admin...

EDIT:
    Some findings FYI:
    - Games that depend on Easy Anti-Cheat service, like Watch Dogs 2 and Ghost Recon: Wild Lands, will NOT work in Test-Signing mode...
    - Disabling Experience Shell Host service the exact same way you disable Cortana works and makes the OS much snappier, LatencyMon showed much lower latencies.
    - Disabling NVidia Container / User Experience service reduces framerate in games. I think this service plays a role in applying NVidia driver optimizations on per-game basis. I had reduced FPS in ALL my games from disabling it.

19. RanCorX2

RanCorX2 MDL Addicted

Jul 19, 2009
    #260 RanCorX2, Apr 6, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
    (OP)
    uac off shouldn't mess anything up, all is does it run everything as admin so you don't have mess around with making all your apps run as admin manually.

pretty sure the cmd thing is normal, why is that an issue that it doesn't start in system32?

2. DisableWDServices.cmd has the general drivers all catagorised A-Z.

i use uwd universal watermark disabler.

haven't noticed any fps loss with those two services off you mentioned. disabling shell exp host breaks tasbkar features.