Windows 10 D-S-T-DEZABLER

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by RanCorX2, Jan 16, 2017.

1. nicktorn

nicktorn MDL Member

Aug 24, 2012
    I'm definitely on the right site, I'm just pointing out that unless you have Windows 10 on a very under-specced PC, your tweaks offer basically nothing other than peace of mind through placebo. Your post is great for that subset of people with Windows 10 on low end hardware, I just find it hilarious that people will ignorantly think this helps on a modern computer. Your trying to fill BlackVipers shoes is quite cute though.

2. RanCorX2

RanCorX2 MDL Addicted

Jul 19, 2009
    #42 RanCorX2, Jan 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
    (OP)
    Took you long enough to reply, trouble thinking of something to say? it's pretty sad you think it's pointless o_O

Guess you missed the point, that with each new release of windows it's even more bloated with stuff the average user doesn't need.
    fyi blackvipers site was just for tweaking windows services and doesn't list all of them or go into other stuff.

not trying to fill his shoes, been customizing my windows installs sinces xp days.

if you can't contrib, don't reply. most pc users i know love to customize and tweak stuff, it's one of the great things about pc's and windows. half the stuff on these windows boards is about customization and tweaks etc.

3. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012

You already answered to your own question.

How do you think that a 0KB SW will work?

Obviously that's a failed download, redownload it!

4. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    lol o_O

5. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. bberkey1

bberkey1 MDL Junior Member

Aug 9, 2015
    Ah, didn't notice the date. Is there another link with the tool? I'd assume the OP was aware of such if his files are dependent on using it and since he linked the very page in an earlier post

7. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    I have no ideal, contact Admin at that site and ask them

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. RanCorX2

RanCorX2 MDL Addicted

Jul 19, 2009
    i asked the creator of the custom version (the net 4.6 one) i use if it's ok to put it in my download (as long as i credit him), probably won't be able to contact the original author as he was last active on the msfn boards oct 2015.

9. LostED

LostED SVF Patch Lover

Jul 30, 2009
    #51 LostED, Jan 21, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  10. bberkey1

Aug 9, 2015
    #52 bberkey1, Jan 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
    Thank you sir. Now I can play around and leave some feed back.:clap:

Edit: Tool looks to be legit and placed in the folder along with the files however, I still get the error (example below)

Attached Files:

11. RanCorX2

RanCorX2 MDL Addicted

Jul 19, 2009
    #53 RanCorX2, Jan 21, 2017
    (OP)
    ^ ah you got it.

i finally picked a new browser and am now thinking about removing IE, Edge, Store and the AppX packages.
    decided to go with itunes instead of wmp for my music library, wmp won't save layout A-Z i have to click sort every time i launch wmp....so annoying, i use mpc-be for videos as wmp has no aspect ration control. media center is dated.

mpc-be uses less cpu % for me than mpc-hc and i like the ui extras (name of file playing in seekbar) 1080p content hovers around 0.3-1.8% whereas mpc-hc 2-8%. probably different for everybody though...i use LAV as well.

will probably remove WMP as well, need to find out which package removes EVR renderer so i know to keep that one, so i can remove all the media foundation stuff except that.

i tried;

foobar2000, froze a few times so nope

clementine, bloated ui with way too many features, took longer than itunes to create my library and had a side bar you can't turn off

jriver, way too many features that i couldn't care less for, basically a really bloated itunes, crashed a few times

songbird, unstable itunes clone

not sure why people keep saying itunes is bloated...you can turn off various ui features for a cleaner appearance and if you unpack the installer you can ditch all files except AppleApplicationSupport64.msi & iTunes6464.msi and itunes will function normally, gives you bonjour is missing first launch but you can just say no and it won't come up again. oh, i don't have an ipod, i re-purposed a lumia 630 + 200gb micro sd to use as an mp3 player.

12. RanCorX2

RanCorX2 MDL Addicted

Jul 19, 2009

you need to set admin on the install wim tweak executable.

you can't run as admin from the batch file or it gives you that. doesn't happen if UAC is off.

13. bberkey1

Aug 9, 2015
    Understood. Changed the settings and it is now working. thank you very much

14. RanCorX2

RanCorX2 MDL Addicted

Jul 19, 2009
    #56 RanCorX2, Jan 21, 2017
    (OP)
    seems that windows 10 offers more complete removal of IE11 than on 8.

i couldn't remove Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-Package-ua from windows 8 but can from 10.

well it seems you can't strip out the Appx stuff, windows gets stuck on an infinite black screen with boot spinning dots.
    so i think the best thing to do is;

keep store + edge (use it has backup browser)
    install 2nd primary browser (i'm now using chrome)
    remove IE11

i tried opera, vivaldi, firefox, firefox light, chromium, safari, seamonkey and k-meleon

k-meleon has the lowest memory usage but it's extension system is poor you have to install most stuff manaually and when you do fullscreen on youtube it doesn't hide your taskbar

vivaldi is new, seems it wants to be a windows app (the gui) but is just a normal program with usual installer

firefox just consumes and consumes more memory as you use it and this never seems to get fixed and if you install abp or ublock etc it can use 500+mb, i know ram isn't an issue these days but what is the browser doing?

finally plumped with chrome as it seems to open just a few ms quicker than ff, yeah i'm picky. memory usage it good and it has decent multi process support so i read, something other browsers are still working on (again, so i read)
    edge and ie are multi process browsers.

oh and it's APPXDeployment that can't be removed or you get infinite boot.

for complete ie removal;

Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-Optional-Package
    Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-Package
    Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-Package-onecoreuap
    Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-Package-shell (removes internet options from cpl, but in reality this is just for IE)
    other browser have their own settings and edge is seperate from IE.
    Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-Package-ua

Microsoft-Windows-Killbits-Package

Adobe-Flash-For-Windows-onecoreuap-Package
    Adobe-Flash-For-Windows-Package

^ really not needed when you can just install from adobe..or not bother, flash is being phased out for HTML5

Microsoft-Windows-ImageBasedSetup-IE-Package-Base
    Microsoft-Windows-ImageBasedSetup-IE-Package-enduser
    Microsoft-Windows-ImageBasedSetup-IE-Package-windows

15. RanCorX2

RanCorX2 MDL Addicted

Jul 19, 2009
    mr x banned? what he do?

anyways...

will add another 20 or 30 batch files tomorrow after testing in vmware...this is fun :biggrin:

16. bberkey1

Aug 9, 2015
    Do you mind if I ask where you found any information or descriptions of each of the packages in your batches? pm perhaps?

17. mooty221

mooty221 MDL Novice

Aug 11, 2016
    JUst wanted to say thanks this is great. Any chance you could include a folder or such of what all the stuff you removed? Also you should try AIMP, I just switched over to it from using WMP for years and it's fantastic.