Windows 10, Daz Loader, and July 29

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by nuhkka, Jul 28, 2015.

1. whitestar_999

whitestar_999 MDL Addicted

Dec 9, 2011
    My reply was in relation to previous 2 posts.It seems in one case systems activated with DAZ loader for win 7 & KMS tool for win 8.1 after upgrading to win 10 failed to activate again on a fresh install of win 10 on same system(HWID remains same).In other case 6 systems activated using DAZ loader successfully activated win 10 without upgrade using gatherosstate trick.My guess is MS is now focusing on eliminating DAZed upgrades on newer hardware systems as it financially affects them(a 2nd gen intel core i DAZed upgrade win 10 will most likely be retired within next 1-2 years while a 6th gen intel core i DAZed upgraded system will likely run for at least 3-4 years).

2. templar84

templar84 MDL Novice

Jan 27, 2016
    Hi guys... Need some help...
    Thought I knew a bit on this activation thingy but I guess I'm still a noob.
    On 2 builds home-made with AMD A4 I had Win7 Ultimate validated with Daz v2.2.2 all good. Going on strong for almost a year. Standard validation I'd say...
    Tried multi-boot on another partition with Win7 Ultimate, also validated successfully and then upgraded by iso to Win10.
    Upgrade successful but validation failed (and also removed on primary partition).
    Tried reformatting, going with Win7 Pro instead and changed manufacturer, fail again.

On 3 other 'old' builds the validation held on on the multi-boot.
    I'm guessing the 2 new builds are UEFI mb.
    On a refurb Dell I also tried the multiboot (Lattitude 2120) that also FAILED at the validation process.

Can you guys venture some help with steps ?

Thanks,

Templar

3. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. templar84

templar84 MDL Novice

Jan 27, 2016
    Hi Daz,

Excellent starting point... Upon reading the thread I thought the IE check was more of a 'nice-to-have'...
    I'll check on my end and will report back by tomorrow.
    Hopefully I'll get valid upgrades across the board... or tips to the noob from the community :)...

Many thanks for taking the time to reply to a noob in any case :)

Temp

5. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. templar84

templar84 MDL Novice

Jan 27, 2016
    #526 templar84, Jul 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
    I have taken good note of those additional steps :)
    The thing is on half of my PC (granted these are the oldest ones), the dual-boot/upgrade went seamlessly... Of course on those machines I have very interesting driver conflicts (most of them around Video) but I'm not running against time so I'll figure that out later.... On this other half even though I followed the same steps I end up with different results...
    This has made the trial and error quite cumbersome and frustrating... I wonder how the majority of people deal with these issues...

And then when you think about it... without encouraging piracy, you get the feeling that Microsoft could have made this first 'free' year a lot less painful... again given that migrating some PC will require some time and troubleshooting...
    Sometimes I feel that MS is creating its own misery... If having W10 on a billion machines had been really a target to attain, there are a million more things they could have done before the nag screen / scare tactics.... go figure....

Anyway... Daz, thank you again I should be able to report back tomorrow how it went :)

7. CaptainKirk1966

CaptainKirk1966 Former MDL Guru

Oct 31, 2009
    yes, the genuine check with IE is mostly icing on the cake, and has been hard to complete successfully for most of the last year.

8. Orgon

Orgon MDL Junior Member

Jul 10, 2011
    Hello
    I agree 100% with you especially => " ...And then when you think about it... without encouraging piracy, you get the feeling that Microsoft could have made this first 'free' year a lot less painful... again given that migrating some PC will require some time and troubleshooting...
    Sometimes I feel that MS is creating its own misery... If having W10 on a billion machines had been really a target to attain, there are a million more things they could have done before the nag screen / scare tactics.... go figure.... " as I am really pissed at :death: => M$ that caused the system disk to a state of non functioning properly making the whole process irrevocable and roll back no longer is possible; if I don't pay a very large amount of money to open up the mechanical HDD and manually retrieve all valuable information at an astonishingly high cost(!) :mad: :mad: :mad:.
    I had to invest a lot of money for new hardware [SSD], new periferals, keybord and mice, ..., and be extremely pissed at M$ support that is not accepting the fact that - at the time of crash - the clerk is only conning me with selling a new license for W10 that he requires money for.In short, this is the extremely negative experience that caused my aversion towards M$ but, now it seems that the new OS [W10 Pro] is a solid contender for the ever beloved W7 Ultimate.And as my system is genuine validated from Windows I am going to use the free upgrade available (from M$ ) to automatically be prepared for the future. :mushy:

9. crashnburn

crashnburn MDL Addicted

Mar 18, 2010
  10. mastershake

mastershake MDL Member

Aug 1, 2012
    i never had to do the online genuine check. using daz loader every install was activated and i clean install every one many times after that never once had it fail. i think on my laptop i have reinstalled prob nearly 50+ times. and i have even swapped cpu out from a i5 to an i7 as well as swapped wifi cards many times and hard drives multiple times on the same machine. always activates. cant say for sure after tomm but we will see. my way is i clean install win7, install daz, reboot make sure windows defender is killed totally and then upgrade to 10. once i see it says activated i go ahead and clean install win 10. never failed this way. never did the genuine check either. also i always remain connected to the internet during the initial upgrade from win 7

11. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    #531 Enthousiast, Jul 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
    Changing CPU should have invalidated the former established HWID, when you're still on 10586. No need to "kill" defender ;)

When you re-did the upgrade thingy after the CPU change, well, you can get as many HWID's as you want by redoing the upgrading, ending tomorrow :) When you install the 1607 RS1 build you will be able to link the established HWID to your MSA and you always can use the MSA when, after major HW changes, the standard HWID doesn't work anymore.

12. crashnburn

crashnburn MDL Addicted

Mar 18, 2010
    #532 crashnburn, Jul 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
    How to Disable Daz Windows Loader in Win 7, when I want to TRY to use Machines OEM Hardware for license & activation?
    And reenable if Win 7 cant read the OEM re-enable Daz.
    As I will be using same Win 7 on some systems with Legit Win 7 OEM and some not.

13. The Mole

The Mole MDL Junior Member

May 2, 2014
    I would not be surprised if after the offer has expired (today) Windows 10 Anniversary Update checks for a Slic 2.1 BIOS and if not found, invalidates the licence. It is also rumoured that keys might soon be linked to a login. So I am expecting a MS trojan horse.

14. The Mole

The Mole MDL Junior Member

May 2, 2014
    I am questioning why the Anniversary Update is being released AFTER the upgrade has ended.

15. gozmon

gozmon MDL Junior Member

Feb 6, 2016
    They are, I installed W7 ultimate activated with DAZ on my uefi laptop that came with 8 core
    Upgrade to 10 pro kept digital entitlement. Performed a clean install activated automatically

Yesterday i upgraded another UEFI laptop that came with 8 core. Clean installed 8 pro on it, activated with kms pico upgrade to 10 pro got the digital rights. Formatted HDD, clean install and it automatically activated w10 pro

16. gozmon

gozmon MDL Junior Member

Feb 6, 2016
    whats a msa? i did the daz upgrade as well and performed a clenat install afterwards, remains activated
    Say if i switch my laptop HDD for a SSD and a extra stick of ram do you think that will void the hw activation?

17. gozmon

gozmon MDL Junior Member

Feb 6, 2016
    No not really, let me explain you why
    I installed w7 ultimate in legacy mode on my uefi laptop to then later upgrade to 10 pro. After i activated
    I went back to the bios setting and disabled legacy, enabled all the uefi features and performed a clean install on the very same laptop after the process was done i automatically activated

If what you say were to be the case, my uefi mode clean install wouldn't have activated

18. fred08155

fred08155 MDL Novice

Apr 7, 2015
    So far i updatet two computers.
    Firdt i tried upgrading a notebook with Win7 activated with Loader 2.2.2. After upgrade it didn´t activate itself and showed error code 0x803F7001.
    Then i tried again creating a GenuineTicket with old HDD image of Win7 but still failed to activate Win10 with that. Even reinstalled Windows 10 completely with no success in activation. Maybe HWID was blacklisted after the first try to activate with upgrade.
    To get the notebook activated i used a Win7 product key. That worked.

Desktop computer worked fine throught GenuineTicket. Win7 also was activated using the same loader but used GenuineTicket immediately.
    Even used same HDD image (of not activated Win7) for creating GenuineTicket on desktop. Don´t know why it failed on notebook.

19. gozmon

gozmon MDL Junior Member

Feb 6, 2016
    which method did you use to upgrade the first time that failed? i read failed reports from people who upgraded from the iso