Windows 10, Daz Loader, and July 29

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by nuhkka, Jul 28, 2015.

1. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Sounds like Server-Hickup during first verification, so no info found on it afterwards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. dlfade

dlfade MDL Novice

Mar 20, 2010
    Btw, if these licenses are tied to the hardware, let's even say I have a legit copy. What happens whenever I swap some hardware piece?

Because if the free upgrade lasts a year then it means that next year whenever you swap some hardware piece you have to buy a new license regardless of your status?

3. forbjok

forbjok MDL Novice

May 18, 2010
    #83 forbjok, Jul 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
    I did a fresh reinstall after activating, and now I'm just getting "Error description: The activation server determined the specified product key has been blocked".
    Not even any "Activate" button to click.

Current product key: *****-3V66T
    I thought this was the key used by all installations and that this should work as long as the hardware ID has already been registered on the server.
    Could this also be caused by server issues, and will resolve itself?

UPDATE:
    I found a workaround.
    By running "slmgr.vbs /ato", it activated.
    Now to see how long it'll stay that way...

4. beamslider

beamslider MDL Senior Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Are inputting that key during install? If so don't and skip all key inputs

5. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. forbjok

forbjok MDL Novice

May 18, 2010
    If you are referring to me, I did not enter the key. I skipped all the key prompts, and it somehow got the key automatically by default.
    I was under the impression that that was supposed to be the way to go after you've been validated from an upgrade before.

7. dlfade

dlfade MDL Novice

Mar 20, 2010
    #87 dlfade, Jul 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
    Oooooooooookay.

Wait a second.

I tried again pressing "Activate" like 100 times.

Then I said, what the hell, I'm gonna go through the process again. I stand up to plug W7 USB iso and when I'm back at the screen to reboot it now says it's activated.

So yes, it works, it might still not work after 200 times you press activate. But at least here it eventually fixed itself.

I'll now try to wipe everything, set the disk to GPT and see if it works. After all this is a laptop on the way out I use for tests.

8. cipacipacipa

cipacipacipa MDL Novice

Sep 7, 2009
    Thx for the tip! Before, the key would be blocked, but after doing this I'm activated. :)

9. sfezze

sfezze MDL Novice

Jun 1, 2015
    So, just to be 100% clear, to get Win 10 genuinely activated from win7, when performing the upgrade do you :

1) Setup.exe from ISO from windows 7 file explorer and choose "upgrade"
    2) Boot from ISO and select "upgrade"
    3) Use the windows 10 upgrade assistant
    4) All of the above works

Thanks everyone

10. gabb

gabb MDL Junior Member

Sep 17, 2008
    ^^ are you asking a question or telling us?

11. drnoellyg

drnoellyg MDL Member

Nov 25, 2011
    #91 drnoellyg, Jul 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2015
  12. sfezze

sfezze MDL Novice

Jun 1, 2015
    It's a question, obviously

Thanks man, btw do you know why the community recommands Win7 Ultimate => Win10 Pro instead of Home ?

Any other feedbacks are welcome :)

13. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    That's the upgrade path.

Windows 7 Pro and Ultimate upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. Every other Windows 7 edition uses the home edition.

@sfezze
    Look at the Windows 10 link in my signature too.

14. drnoellyg

drnoellyg MDL Member

Nov 25, 2011
    That's the path for the free upgrade. Windows 7 Home users will get Windows 10 Home (same for basic, starter, etc, any version that is not ultimate or pro). Windows 7 Pro or Ultimate will get Windows 10 Pro. If you want Windows 10 Pro you can buy it and install it fine without problems if you had Windows 7 Home, or viceversa, but for the free upgrade you will get the above mentioned upgrade path.

The reason you can't do a fresh install first is that because you are getting the free offer the servers need to know that you had a qualifying system, so it can't be a fresh install. Once you're installed and are activated, then you can do as many fresh installs as you want (installation will always ask for key because they don't know what system you were on). Once installation finishes the server will look you up and find you as an already Windows 10 fully activated user and will automatically activate your Windows 10 fresh install.

15. G-STAR01

G-STAR01 MDL Novice

Jul 1, 2014
    Yep Win10 activates just fine from Win7.

16. prvnrk

prvnrk MDL Novice

Jun 6, 2015
    @Daz - Now that Daz Loader for Win 7 is successful in upgrading to Win 10 freely (atleast so far), Could we still expect a next version of Daz loader (with support to Win 10)? Thanks!

17. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    so are the win 7 activated with Daz loader upgraded to win10 with out any issue and are permanently activated?

18. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    No point in doing this :cool2:.

19. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    As things stand, yes.

Of course should that change at any point then it'll be worked around again, so there's nothing to worry about either.