Windows 10, Daz Loader, and July 29

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by nuhkka, Jul 28, 2015.

1. dlfade

dlfade MDL Novice

Mar 20, 2010
    More reports from this test laptop:

So just after the successful activation of W10 I once again formatted the drive, converted to GPT, then burned the standard ISO to USB using a program named "Rufus" that you need so also the USB works in UEFI/GPT.

Then I rebooted from the UEFI/USB and installed W10 from scratch, no update.

All went smooth, I spent some time configuring stuff again but by the time I checked the activation screen it already showed it was activated. So W10 on GPT is also possible.

Difference from upgrade (and without preserving programs or settings) to clean install is that right now it takes 15Gb instead of 20. No idea why. That's basically 5Gb of garbage since even the upgrade was essentially clean.

I'm still wondering what happens if you change the disk or some other hardware. The license is lost?

And if it's lost, it's lost regardless if you were legit or not? Because wasn't this free upgrade only for 1 year? So, a year from now, and buying a new disk puts you out of a license, regardless if you previously had a legit copy (since the upgrade is over, and the hardware is new)?

2. beamslider

beamslider MDL Senior Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Buying new disk does not put you out of license.

You have one year to upgrade

The license is for the life of the device

You can change some hardware and stay activated....A new motherboard would lose the activation

3. cbutters

cbutters MDL Junior Member

Oct 17, 2007
    I concur. I've updated a GPU and a SSD, no problems staying activated here.

4. genenioo

genenioo MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2007
    If you do a disk cleanup you can get rid of the prior Windows version that frees up 2-3 gig.

5. zsola67

zsola67 MDL Novice

Jul 20, 2015
    I have a multiboot system. One partition was activated with Daz loader (win 7 ultimate). I can't install w10 pro because the installer ( GWX) identifies my processor as not compatible! I tried the download tool as well. It's an Intel i5! The other partition with legit windows upgraded without hassle. What is the catch here?

6. himesh

himesh MDL Novice

Apr 4, 2015
    I'm getting the following error while trying to upgrade from daz loader activated windows 7 ultimate to windows 10 pro-
    Error code: 0xC004C003 The activation server determined the specific product key has been blocked.

7. sfezze

sfezze MDL Novice

Jun 1, 2015
    #107 sfezze, Jul 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
    I know that, I was wondering why win7 Ultimate => Win 10 Pro instead of Win7 home => Win10 home ;)

After all, who wants some useless extra features to take more disk space on one's SSD o_O

8. kvazas

kvazas MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2015
    Might be problem with microsoft servers the are very heavy loaded, others says that insane clicking on activation button gets them activated.

9. wexy

wexy MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2011
    Is waiting for the upgrade via Windows 10 app same as running the Upgrade using the Windows 10 Setup (~20MB) file from Microsoft's site?

Don't wanna wait for the notification and queue on download, also the app seems to be gone from tray now...

10. himesh

himesh MDL Novice

Apr 4, 2015
    There is no activation button after this error. Seems like Microsoft is blocking daz loader activation.

11. Wulung

Wulung MDL Novice

Jan 21, 2010
    The upgrade on my computer was failed 3 times, with windows update keep retry download the package from beginning. It looks the package was flush every times it failed.
    Finally, I download the ISO file and extract it. Run the setup.exe and next 20 minutes, the upgrade completed.

The previous OS is Win 8.1 Pro Channel: VOLUME_MAK. And, the computer is using GPT/UEFI.

Now, i will try to clean install.

12. forbjok

forbjok MDL Novice

May 18, 2010
    That error is most likely just caused by the MS servers being overloaded.
    I got it yesterday after a fresh reinstall and got it activated by just running "slmgr.vbs /ato" in an elevated command prompt.

13. Linktopower

Linktopower MDL Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Sorta off topic, but my thoughts is Microsoft couldn't really block any Windows Loader Windows 7 from activating. Because doesn't Daz's Loader use real OEM Keys? If so that would block tons of genuine people who bought prebuilt computers from receiving the free upgrade. I could be wrong haven't really been in the loop for a few years.

14. forbjok

forbjok MDL Novice

May 18, 2010
    They couldn't block it in Win7, but they could detect its presence during upgrade to Windows 10 and not allow the resulting installation to be activated.

15. wildbilll

wildbilll MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2009
    Can someone explain what the mechanism is for a clean install working after an upgrade, as far as activation?
    I get the part about how upgrading from 7 or 8 would activate, but if I then wipe out the drive and do a clean install, how does MS know to activate that?
    Do they have some record of hardware ID for the machine that is tied to my email address?

16. drnoellyg

drnoellyg MDL Member

Nov 25, 2011

That right there you got it.

17. wildbilll

wildbilll MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2009
    Ok, its tied to the Hardware ID. So upon a clean install, do I still enter the 7 or 8 product key?
    How is it tied to me?

18. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Thought got stuck ... doggie helps. You already answered, it's bound to the hardware of a specific PC, not to you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  19. drnoellyg

drnoellyg MDL Member

Nov 25, 2011
    You already mentioned how it is tied to you (your hardware). Upon a clean install do not enter a product key. Once installed they will detect your hardware and activate automatically.

20. Puremin0rez

Puremin0rez MDL Senior Member

Nov 24, 2010
    I was getting that error on two of my computers that were fully legit upgraded (Win 8 retail to Win 10) and I just had to run slmgr -ato in CMD for like 5 minutes before it activated.

Annoying that they don't give you an activate button for that error.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...