Windows 10 Email

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by ultimate_live, Aug 14, 2015.

1. ultimate_live

ultimate_live MDL Expert

Mar 15, 2011
    I made a clean install of windows 10. Ran WU and updated. Installed Office 2013. Ran WU again. Also updated.
    After that I opened email and configured 3 accounts I use. Installed other programs, ran native cleandisk and everything was working fine. 5 hours later, when I started the W10 Email, I received the message that all 3 accounts were outdated. Then I had the option to ignore or to fix.
    But the fix doesn´t work, and when I select Ignore the Email continues outdated.
    Removed the 3 accounts, restarted pc, configured again and the problem still persists. OUTDATED.
    Is there a way to fix it?

2. Arnie25

Arnie25 MDL Junior Member

Jul 8, 2015
    I can't abide the default Win10 email. I use Windows Live Mail. Both my accounts work fine with that.

3. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    #3 lobo11, Aug 14, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
    Only thing left is try repair:
    How to repair Windows image:
    In ADMIN Cmd Prompt type sfc /scannow may take up to 3 times
    press enter on keyboard if this finds errors try
    In ADMIN Cmd Prompt Type
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
    When you use the /CheckHealth argument, the DISM tool will report whether the image is healthy, repairable, or non-repairable. If the image is non-repairable, you should discard the image and start again. If the image is repairable, you can use the /RestoreHealth argument to repair the image.

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    Press enter on keyboard, wait for it to finish, If this does not fix problem, then
    With ISO Media in CD/DVD tray: (The same media you installed image with) Type in ADMIN Cmd Prompt Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:c:\test\mount\windows /LimitAccess
    press enter on keyboard, wait for it to finish--C would be drive letter of your CD/DVD tray
    Bring up ADMIN Cmd prompt, type chkdsk /r /f , and press enter on your keyboard, then a
    Y, then reboot, it now checks your disk for errors and fixes them.
    If this does not work, sit back, relax several options now:
    Backup copy of image
    Reset/Recovery
    Reformatt partition, install ISO again
    Hope this helps:D

Try Thunderbird Mail:biggrin:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...