Windows 10 Enterprise: BSOD 2 times

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by pisthai, Oct 2, 2014.

1. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Installed the 64bit Enterprise of Windows 10 on it's own 320GB HDD, all other HDD's disconnected. After the restart, I was reconnectd one after the next HDD's, 4 of them OK and cam to the 5.: BOSD!

That 5. HDD is the system HDD with Windows 8.1 Pro on an 1TB HDD.

Restarted the machine and used the BIOS Boot Manager to chose the old 1TB Windows 8.1 Pro HDD and that just worked fine and booted as normally. Restarted again and chose the 320GB with Windows 10: BOSD!

Now I'm back on Windows 8.1 and transfer all relevant data to anb new drive which will need 1 more hour and will than disconnect that drive again and start Windows 10.

It's for a long time the first time I was get an BOSD again. What could be trigger that? Anybody has any idea?

Thanks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. xomniversex

xomniversex MDL Member

Sep 20, 2012
    Make sure to submit feedback on this and other issues. Feedback is king this time, Microsoft is taking everything submitted seriously.

I assume memory dumps and such will automatically by sent by Windows Error Reporting, but just in case you should look in the event viewer and mention the specific BSOD type [0xNNNNNNN] using the Windows Feedback App.

3. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Thanks for answering.

Now I'm back on Windows 10 and that HDD is working now without problem (so far)!

In Event Viewer a lot entries about updating and NTFS and some others. I although were a scan oif the HDD while running it on it's own OS Windows 8.1 Pro and it found noting, everything seems to be ok with no problems.

So I restarted the machine with all HDD's connected and this time it were running smooth now.

Let see how it will go the next few days after I've installed quite a bit apps, those I normally use.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. segobi

segobi MDL Addicted

Jul 14, 2009
    haha you had BSOD ? you fail.

5. Lazerbat

Lazerbat MDL Novice

Sep 30, 2014
    So far enterprise is working great on my laptop... no bsod's here.. could be driver related ?