Windows 10 Glass Aero

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Md3, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    Hi Md3 welcome dude, well I know and uses aero glass effect on my Windows 10 PRO v. 1511, if you send pm to my I can explain in more details because I unknow if I can publish and explain this application here for a while :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. genenioo

genenioo MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2007
    #22 genenioo, Jan 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
    I was just showing you what I had. The taskbar is configured with Start10, a pay program (not involving a donation). I gave Bigmuscle a small donation and it gets rid of the watermark. All this money (a big $7.50 for both!) went out of my pocket to others--I of course didn't receive anything.

3. michaelmyers

michaelmyers MDL Member

May 28, 2015
    Nothing special about this little tool

Looking further into the person who made it makes me never want to use it. Seems to enjoy drama more than anything else and also see a lot of people who said his donation system is a joke and some have been ripped off by it. If you're going to start a donation system and say that you can donate whatever amount you want and get rid of the nag screen, then someone donates say $5.00 and you come back with "that's not enough", that's just pure BS right there.

It also has been known to corrupt some systems from what I have found. No desire at all to try this thing. I also think it's a little pathetic the guy can't speak for himself and has minions that do it for him.

4. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012

Fankly I find those kind of messages pointless.

BM made a SW, I guess he spent a lot of work to make it working and to keep it in line with the Windows evolution.

He choose the donation model, while letting the sw practically 100% functional w/o a donation.

So where's the point? No one will force you to use that SW.

No one is forcing you to donate, nor to donate a specific amount of money.

So either use it w/o the donation or donate or don't use it at all. The personal attacks to Bigmuscle are pointless futile.

5. d1glow

d1glow MDL Addicted

Aug 17, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
  7. genenioo

genenioo MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2007
    #27 genenioo, Jan 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
    I'll admit that there's been some drama but you're wrong about donations and supposed rip-offs. Bigmuscle's said that as little as one euro is a sufficient donation and the 'license' is valid for life. I donated a big two euros and immediately got an e-mail with the proper information to get a key and get rid of the watermark. I've also seen little, if any, problems with the program. There is a pirated version of the original that's gone around (it was one of Bigmuscle's debug versions) and that 'version' does cause memory dumps, so maybe that's what's being reported.

8. Ace2

Ace2 MDL Expert

Oct 10, 2014
    If you are the only person (Bigmuscle) on the planet, making something like DWMGlass.dll that works, and is the only thing (DWMGlass.dll) that has been released that works, then it must be special.:rolleyes:

9. Garbellano

Garbellano MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2012
    annoying after awhile...

10. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    It is special, it is the only one which works.

Those are complaints by crybabies, and whiners who want a fantastic tool for free.

It really can't corrupt anything. The files are placed on the C-drive, and activated by Task Scheduler. There is no installation.

11. genenioo

genenioo MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2007
    #32 genenioo, Jan 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
    If you want the aero effect, like others have said, there's nothing else, besides the fact that it does the job, and well. On Microsoft's pre-10 survey I understand that bringing back aeroglass was the most requested, and all they've done is lift a finger with colors on title bars, a feature that has to be rigged to work in any way that's even tolerable, since otherwise the colors you pick for the title bars permeates throughout the system. As others have said, nobody's forcing you to use it but for me it makes my Windows experience much more pleasurable.