Windows 10, got free upgrade, until my mobo died. No activation :( Wheres 10Loader :D

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by demoncamber, Nov 26, 2015.

1. demoncamber

demoncamber MDL Novice

Jun 19, 2010
    Windows 10, got free upgrade, until my mobo died. Replaced the mobo, now no activation :( Where's 10Loader :D

My only option was to do a clean install... Which sucks because I just got everything working and installed.... Ugh...
    Options?

2. demoncamber

demoncamber MDL Novice

Jun 19, 2010
    Sorry M$ I really tried to stay legit this time.

3. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    That is very funny. You don't have to blame MS for not being able to activate the new motherboard because, it has been stated you will lose activation when you change it.

4. Aemsa

Aemsa MDL Member

Feb 17, 2014
    Just install Win7, patch with Daz's and upgrade to Win10, you'll be set in 2 hour tops.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. SL2

SL2 MDL Member

Jan 18, 2012
  6. Snuffy

Snuffy MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    I installed then removed all the install keys, and added a Preview key it was still not activated for 2 days then sudden MS decided to Reactive.
    this was with Pro. and the generic Retail key - 3V66T

7. demoncamber

demoncamber MDL Novice

Jun 19, 2010
    How'd you add the key? Just buy the activation page in windows or with something else?

8. WaltC

WaltC MDL Addicted

Mar 8, 2014

Try Settings/Update & Security/Activation/Change Product Key

People seem to keep forgetting that with the November RTM 10586 you can use your Win7/8 key to activate

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. GoNz0

GoNz0 MDL Novice

Feb 27, 2010
    Do people never think of the simple solution?

I had this on my HTPC so I pressed start, typed contact support & hit enter. Click windows office and other microsoft apps then choose chat online with a Ms answer tech.

I explained I had to replace the mobo, they asked for a licence, I said I didn't have it and had qualified for the free upgrade. She then asked me for the invoice number of the new motherboard. It was about 5 years old and 2nd hand so I checked my email and found the 6 year old invoice and gave her that number, a bit random but it did the trick. they then got me to initiate a remote session and another tech installed a brand new retail product key.

Job done, still legit and took about 10 minutes.