Windows 10 Hotfix Repository

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Tito, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Senjanov

Senjanov MDL Member

Jul 29, 2011
    did you install update .194 in 18th january?
    well in first time, I'm not offered update .210 when update come up.. trying refresh wu and continue in forum that I posted I'm not offered to enthousiast.
    after that, my laptop need restart when I saw ssu and cu finished install(maybe I hit check for update in wu)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ch100

ch100 MDL Addicted

Sep 11, 2016
    I said in my post that the version was .192, so no .194 update installed.

3. Zalgo

Zalgo MDL Novice

Feb 6, 2018
    via this thing called Windows Loader, been using it for years with 7, but I know 10 doesn't have anything that simple anymore (I know that probably screwed me already lol)

4. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Seems it wasn't the one by Daz offered here at MDL, if so the Win 10 should activate when online :g:.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Zalgo

Zalgo MDL Novice

Feb 6, 2018
    Found the exact file I downloaded (got it from a private tracker). It is "windows loader 2.1.7 by Daz" about about 5+ years old now (like I said i've been using this thing for quite a while lol). But yeah again, it seems that I cant even get into the activation options when I want to even look at my activations, it just sits there on its loading screen.

6. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    Try in admin CMD:
    Code:
    cscript slmgr.vbs /dlv

7. Zalgo

Zalgo MDL Novice

Feb 6, 2018
    Sorry i'm kind of going in blind with this, but am I supposed to just run this command by itself? Because if so, its just giving me a error that reads "cannot fine script file" tried it in /users/username and c:\ root

8. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    In start menu type 'cmd' and right-click cmd.exe and 'run as administrator', then copy/paste the command given. CMD should open in 'c:\windows\system32'.

9. Zalgo

Zalgo MDL Novice

Feb 6, 2018
    ok did that, now its just the flashing line with the directories gone, as if its waiting to load something up, but its not so far. I just get the copyright information.

10. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    Then i would check for system file corruptions:
    Code:
    sfc /scannow
    to see if it shows any errors.

11. Zalgo

Zalgo MDL Novice

Feb 6, 2018
    Before I do that, it just loaded and error message for me

Code:
    Error: 0xC0020036 On a computer running Microsoft Windows non-core edition, run 'slui.exe 0x2a 0xC0020036' to display the error text.

12. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    It shouldn't show any errors at all for that command, check the system files as recommended.

13. Zalgo

Zalgo MDL Novice

Feb 6, 2018
    #5273 Zalgo, Feb 6, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
    came back with "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."

Yeah I can't seem to wrap my head around this issue, I've been researching and I see that as long as i did an upgrade and used the official Microsoft upgrading tool (which I did) it should work. I've seen many people who have upgraded just like me and it worked fine for them. It seems as if the activation methods are just "disabled" somehow. I tried running slui 3 and 4 and nothing even pops up after I hit enter.

14. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    #5274 s1ave77, Feb 6, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
    With these errors i would assume even KMS activation to fail. I'd recommend to start over with a fresh Win 7 install from official MS ISO (install mainboard and LAN drivers) and activate with latest Loader by Daz (https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/windows-loader-download.58464/). Then upgrade again :g:.

15. Zalgo

Zalgo MDL Novice

Feb 6, 2018
    Thanks, I am going to try that if this doesn't work.

I'm still within the 10 days, so I downgraded back to my windows 7 used the 222 (latest loader), and am now redownloading and am upgrading from the official tool again. If that doesn't work I'll just to an upgrade from fresh

16. Zalgo

Zalgo MDL Novice

Feb 6, 2018
    Ok, thanks alot man. it worked. I think what I did wrong was being an idiot, blindly thinking that windows 10 needed to be activated and looked around for an "activator" that screwed everything up.

Now onto my next issue lol, for some reason firefox does not want to play "MSE & H.264" files anymore (this is pretty much any live youtube videos, all twitter videos, and all facebook videos). This has been happening since I first upgraded, I read that this is a N and KN edition issue, but as far as I can tell this is neither of those editions. and when I try the "media feature pack" install. it just gives me a "this it the wrong version" issue.

17. Zalgo

Zalgo MDL Novice

Feb 6, 2018
    Welp looks like its back again, I think I might do a fresh reinstall of 7 and then upgrade. Not sure what it is that could have messed this one up though. It seems that this activation lasts for about 1.5 days. Now its doing the same exact issue as what I began with. Asks me to activate, then just does not load anything or allow me to do anything to activate.

What I forgot to mention as well is I upgraded my mothers PC at the same time as during my first time upgrading windows 7. She had her windows installed by me and I used Daz's activator. This was on sunday, today her computer is doing just fine with the activation.

18. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    This not a windows 7 or a daz loader thread, windows 10 updates only.