Windows 10 Image/ISO editor for tweaks and removing components

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by 4MySanity, Aug 18, 2022.

1. 4MySanity

4MySanity MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2022
    I'm looking for some software just like NTLite and MSMG Toolkit that allow you to remove components/debloat you windows install.

2. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    What's wrong with these two?

3. monstrocity

monstrocity MDL Novice

Jun 4, 2016
  4. both are best . use according to your needs.
    one best option to use ntlite is if you want to go very deep inside components removal with each & every component description written right side of it inside app.
    msmg is good too but limited to specific list of components removal.

using ntlite you can go in depth but msmg you have pre made list by its dev.

you can find alternatives to them but more better option to them isnt available till date.

after installation you can go through ooshutup or david tool win10privacy .

5. qkwxx

qkwxx MDL Novice

Jul 22, 2015
    NTLite and MSMG Toolkit Such tools are not very good, and the components deleted after the system is updated and patched will be restored.

6. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    Will happen with any tool used. MS doesn't know that they are gone.

7. Magmarock

Magmarock MDL Member

Oct 12, 2016
    I prefer to use DISM comandline, why does no one else use it?

8. Milad Hashemi

Milad Hashemi MDL Novice

Aug 27, 2022
    My first comment in mydigitallife :)))

I think there must be another tools. I actually searched whole internet and found nothing special.
    NTLite is great tool but its paid software and not everyone can afford it to use all features.
    MSMG is useful and totally free, but it's not good enough to do everything with it. For example, not many tweaks, less bloat remove and …
    NTLite can search for updates and download it for you. Most tools that are able to download updates are not usable, because NTLite and MSMG get errors from the files and many of them can not be integrated.
    I even try to download update files from catalog.update.microsoft.com one by one, and it's headache, because it's hard to pick correct version.
    You can choose tasks in NTLite and then it will do everything for you. You just need to sit and drink your coffee. In MSMG to go to the next step, you have to wait for the current task to finish.
    I know MSMG is free tool, and we never paid anything to developers. So we shouldn't have expect too much.
    There are many other weaknesses in free tools. Every new version of windows gets more complicated and it's really hard to create customized ISO these days.
    These things make me to find another way. Unfortunately i don't know so much about DISM commands and other ways to update, debloat and tweaking windows images.

9. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    Welcome!
    You might want to look at Optimize-Offline collection of scripts, is actively maintained and tested by fellow forum members, and should be relatively easy to make it do what you want just by editing configuration scripts.
    That's the most freedom you can get for the task, everything else is more rigid and supports a limited set of functions (but does those well).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. Dark Dinosaur

Dark Dinosaur X Æ A-12

Feb 2, 2011
    #10 Dark Dinosaur, Aug 30, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2022
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    @Dark Dinosaur thanks for alternative, because after W10 1809 things changed with a lot of Sh¨t...

12. Dark Dinosaur

Dark Dinosaur X Æ A-12

Feb 2, 2011
  13. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
  14. Dark Dinosaur

Dark Dinosaur X Æ A-12

Feb 2, 2011
    I can do it better ..
    I have hard time using power she'll Registry commands & combine values
    Maybe add white list / black list too ?
    Maybe I do it .. one day ...
    Baby steps .... ..

15. ok.

16. Milad Hashemi

Milad Hashemi MDL Novice

Aug 27, 2022
    Thanks for your reply.
    I already tried Optimize-Offline tool and it's such a great tool. It's great that this project is active. Thanks to maintainers.