Windows 10 is free for life?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Ganoo, Mar 24, 2015.

1. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014

for the people using a BIOS mod and OEM Key.....most likely need a activator or a KMS pre activated win10 copy wish i have no doubt they will out their....core 2 can run win 10 make sure u mave the max amount of men in each laptop can carry...if 3 gig is max u run x86. so no worries;)

2. backstreetboy

backstreetboy MDL Novice

May 10, 2015
    Do anyone of you perhaps know how to get GWX to run on a domain joined PC? Will the best way be to first take it off the domain? Tx

3. BitsandBytez

BitsandBytez MDL Novice

May 31, 2015
    #183 BitsandBytez, Jun 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
    At a guess, so long as the machines connected to the domain have rights to install updates, and are not restricted by policies, it should work like normal if you install that update

Just a guess though, machines might need admin rights to use the GWX program

4. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    If you run bios mod you will pass the test, Microsoft will not require COA keys as on many w7 laptops you can NOT read the key anymore to start with so a lot of people would not even be able to activate their FREE Windows 10 copy.. rofl, not worth causing problems for the REAL LEGIT people because of a bunch of pirates... but ofc they could also do some super-advanced checking and look at your Hardware and if they never approved SLIC for that hardware (if they even had a database of some kind when they sold licenses to oems) it could simply not activate.
    If you use Daz's loader the chances of you getting geniue is very low unless Microsoft does the "geniue check" BEFORE you upgrade, if it does the geniue check AFTER you upgrade you are screwed as there is nothing to check.

It's not terribly hard for Microsoft to just go and read your SLIC on W10, and if you use DAZ.. that just isn't going to happen.

Ofc if they still use COA Keys i would be very surprised as that's bat s**t insane from a customer feedback perspective, not in their best interest. There aren't THAT many Bios modders out there, a lot but not a s**t ton, Daz loader is probably used in the majority of pirated copies of W7 and on W8 it's autokms and some of us just use the free WMC key, which is actually legit but kind of not so it will be interesting if they accept that or not :biggrin:

We will have to wait for build where the activation stuff is activated before we can talk about it, it's just not there on current builds so we don't know what happens.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. FunkyMike

FunkyMike MDL Member

Jul 30, 2009
    #185 FunkyMike, Jun 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  6. billbillw

billbillw MDL Novice

Oct 21, 2009
    OK, I feel better about getting the W10 on my older machines.

7. FunkyMike

FunkyMike MDL Member

Jul 30, 2009
    They should call you abbodi1406 "MDL Mr Magic KB" ;) :fireworks:

Thank you very much for the help again! After I reinstalled GWX it finally started working.

just a few notes:

I had CEIP already enabled and my "IsCensusDisabled" was set to 1. So after following your instructions and reinitiating GWX ... it showed up! : )

8. venioni

venioni MDL Senior Member

Mar 28, 2014
    I think we make much noise for nothing.MS give to all w7 user the free upgrade even those who use DAZ LOADER MS try to make money from

store and specialy from xbox services and dont look if we activated w7 with daz loader....:p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    lol ... this is wishful thinking :D

10. apologized

apologized MDL Addicted

Nov 29, 2012
    who can say that MS preserve your activation after upgrade

11. Don

Don MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    Yes, I've been thinking about that too. They may definitely let you upgrade and then when you start up for the first time it tells you you have 3 days to activate, or 30, or 90 or some number.

12. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    #192 MS_User, Jun 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
    remember this all speculation at the moment... u can always install win10 on your older laptops create a e-mail account for each of them join insider program and get the upgrade for free....u need to hurry before MS shut it down;)

13. VeditaBR

VeditaBR MDL Novice

May 27, 2015
    i`m a insider, will my netbook that came with Windows 7 Start be able to upgrade to Windows 10? I`m a registred insider, Windows 10 Pro build 10130 is running on this netbook....

14. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    chance is close to 100% that you will have a fully functional W10 running on your netbook

15. backstreetboy

backstreetboy MDL Novice

May 10, 2015
    No MS is blocking domain connected machines. Capture.PNG Probably wants those machines to upgrade to Enterprise.

16. gipo

gipo MDL Novice

Nov 8, 2007
    If i'll upgrade my win7 to win10... what about a clean install in the future?
    will i have an iso image to install it again from scratch or another kind of chance to do it? :)

17. beltman713

beltman713 MDL Novice

Oct 12, 2009
    I would like an answer to this question too.

18. ToniCipriani

ToniCipriani MDL Junior Member

Sep 30, 2009
    Have a strange issue here. I have 2 Windows 7 machines and a Windows 8.1 tablet. One Win7 machine and the tablet got the update, but the other Win7 machine didn't, nor does it show up in Windows Update.

The Win7 machine didn't show the popup initially but the next day it did. The tablet showed the popup right after the update was installed.

19. Taliseian

Taliseian MDL Junior Member

Oct 13, 2013
    Just caught up with the thread....

First off, I've tested MS products for years. I was part of the Windows 95, 98, ME, Vista, and 7 teams. Each time, at the end of the testing cycle, I got a full copy of Windows for free.

Secondly, as has been mentioned already, if you become part of the Insider program you'll get 10 for free anyway. Just sign up now, and install the latest build come end of June / early July, and wait for the RTM to be auto-upgraded for you. After that, you should be able to get a copy of the full install media either by ESD or from MS directly (once copies hit the Slow Ring, MS makes ISOs available).

Doesn't sound difficult to me.....

T

20. mike20599

mike20599 MDL Novice

Dec 28, 2010
    Do they actually give you a free key?