Windows 10 is shaping up to be the most unstable release since Millennium Edition

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by cuteee, Sep 22, 2015.

1. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    Of all the Windows 98 edition OSes, I always felt that Windows Me was the best. It had a wonderful GUI compared to the rest of them, and worked exceptionally well for me. I never had any problems with it. I feel the same about Windows 10.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Mtthwpez

Mtthwpez MDL Junior Member

Jan 29, 2008
    I had to stop using Windows 10 on my laptop, as It refuses to register it having a DVD writer drive.

It isn't an old laptop, either, but Windows 7 is fine. :huh:

3. john_rules

john_rules MDL Novice

Oct 22, 2012
    same here :confused:

4. Anonymo

Anonymo MDL Novice

Dec 28, 2012
    NOT THE BLOGOSHERE, please god no NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

5. ikith

ikith MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2012
    I barely ever used Modern apps, I do play solitaire from time to time, when I'm extremely bored but even then, it comes right up, no issues what so ever.

Never had solitaire crash on me, nor the other modern apps I've dinked around with.

I actually no longer use sleep on any computer, I've had too many issues with it and hibernate, no matter windows or linux, OS X etc. This isn't windows specific for me, I just shut my computer down, it boots so fast its not even an issue.

I don't use edge but when I did dink around with it, no issues at all. Never had an issue with touchpad or mouse scrolling in a modern app ever, even on 8.1

Overall these seem like user specific issues, and same with all of the users posting in this thread. The blogger also writes "I don't remember having this many issues in 8.1" maybe its the stigma of 10 that makes more issues stand out to a user and forget that they had issues with 8.1 even as "terrible" as 8.1 was?

6. Eurisoph

Eurisoph MDL Junior Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Never did try ME so can't comment on that, but the last time I experienced a BSOD was with Win 98: Have had two so far with 10 so I have to agree with the proposition.

7. The Stork

The Stork MDL Novice

Sep 23, 2015
    It all depends on what your doing, if your just surfing the net and just checking emails and facebook any OS will be fine for that...

If your an IT expert and make a living Windows XP Pro and Windows 7 Pro all the way for this task, NOT Windows 10 or 8 for this task in MO

8. dwarfer66

dwarfer66 MDL Novice

Jun 1, 2015
    I had so many freezes when using ME it was stupid having to reboot 5-6 times a day. sometimes more, but I did like it!