Windows 10 Is Spying On Everything You Do > So Why Use It ???

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by MysTikAL3, Jul 31, 2015.

1. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Thanks for this post, MysTikAL3. There more I read about Windows 10, the happier I am that I switched to Linux. This is all ridiculous, but the masses seem to enjoy it.

So be it. Microsoft, I'm out. Thanks but no thanks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Engineer2k2

Engineer2k2 MDL Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Microsoft's Free Upgrade Fishing Net is for 1 year - Winners or Losers will be declared after 1 year only (when surprises will be served).:confused:

All that glitters is not Gold !! :D

3. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    free.. it has amused me how their cardgames in w 10 make you pay through the nose, to keep it free of adds..
    such a free windose...;) it was free from w3.0, if my memory serves me right.. free windose... a taste of free
    to come... :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. omgbbqit

omgbbqit MDL Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Amusing how many Linuxists are apparently unaware of SELinux and such components. Worked on by the NSA directly.

5. oliverjia

oliverjia MDL Addicted

Mar 1, 2008
    I don't think there are many users of SELinux. Most are using Ubuntu, which is a UK based company. Yeah, there might be back doors in Ubuntu, but the fact is, Ubuntu is still open source and anyone can examine its code.

6. Sammy

Sammy MDL Novice

Jul 12, 2009

Are you a real life expert in this feild regarding "license agreements" or a lawyer?

Compaines up date their license agreements all the time and if MS sees it needs to then they can and will do so, nothing stopping from doing so.

So I'm prety sure you are wrong here.

7. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    If MS updated their Windows 7 license terms, they would have to force the user to accept or refuse the new terms, and if the OS is already installed, if the user presses refuse, is MS going to disable the OS / uninstall it?

A company running 1000 Windows 7 PCs, presses refuse on the new terms, all 1000 PCs are now disabled?

Unlikely

8. Engineer2k2

Engineer2k2 MDL Member

Jun 21, 2012

One has to agree to the license only once when you buy the product (OS) and install it as mentioned by MysTikAL3 unlike subscription services for which license can be updated from time to time - If you agree you continue otherwise you can opt out.:cool:

9. Sammy

Sammy MDL Novice

Jul 12, 2009
    #209 Sammy, Aug 6, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
    Do you realize how many people disagree with Companies license agreements or even updated ones and still click on "accept" button? Tons of people and very few of them actually take the time to read it before doing so. I bet you've done it to like everyone here has at some point in time same as I have.

Like I said nothing stopping MS from updating license agreements for any product and if you disagree with any of the updated changes then you don’t keep on using the OS.

This is no different from Arenanet and Guild Wars 2 when they have updated license agreement several times in 3 years and if you disagree then you don’t play.

10. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012

Microsoft would NOT force a company to remove Windows 7 by updating their terms AFTER they had agreed to the original terms, or a user for that matter

You agree to the OS license terms ONCE, end of.

11. Sammy

Sammy MDL Novice

Jul 12, 2009
    Compaines reserve the right to change license agreements as they see fit regardless if you already accpeted "once" and it doesn't matter if its a subcription service or not.

12. tolanri

tolanri MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2012
    Somehow I suspect best Windows OS nowadays is Win7 SP1 without any additional updates Java of Flash, behind NAT and using some third party web browser and common sense, and of course installing only trusted software should be plenty secure.
    What risks user of such OS would face without any security hotfixes? I think they would outweigh privacy concerns whether Microsoft is secretly adding keyloggers to hotfixes.

13. omgbbqit

omgbbqit MDL Member

Aug 14, 2012
    There's no "might be" about it. There ARE backdoors on Ubuntu. This is why the NSA have been so "helpful" with that open source code.

14. ilusi0n

ilusi0n MDL Junior Member

Nov 18, 2013
    Ubuntu shouldn't even be considered Linux. People who wants to use Linux, should never use Ubuntu.

15. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
  16. Skaendo

Skaendo MDL Addicted

Sep 23, 2014
    #217 Skaendo, Aug 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  17. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    I see your point, Skaendo. I know about these allegations as well. It probably doesn't make me look professional but I did some research and want to post just this link: ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2277914

In the end, you can trust no one and nothing. I am using a (though modified) Samsung Android phone which again leaves room for suspicions. I am certain there will never be a possibility to be sure about everything (as mentioned above, coding our own stuff from the very beginning) BUT from my point of view I am doing it by providing myself with a safe Linux distribution, avoiding big data collecting companies as much as possible, rooting my phone, using another kernel, avoiding some apps, regulating Internet access of some necessary apps...

Maybe this covers 90%, or 50% or barely 10% - depending on who you ask. The only alternative would be "no tech". And that I certainly do not want. I'm too interested in this stuff and still not paranoid enough to go that step. Hopefully never will be lol
    Maybe this smells like tinfoil already. You be the judge.

18. Skaendo

Skaendo MDL Addicted

Sep 23, 2014
    Come on. Don't get me wrong, I don't think that there is any spyware in Ubuntu, obviously like there is in Win10. But those people in that thread sound just like every Windows fanboy (sorry for lack of a better term) defending their favorite OS.

And calling Stallman a coo-koo is well, I guess that they know nothing about where their software came from or what he does to protect the freedom of Linux and the software that runs on it. Stallman is a pioneer in the GNU/Linux world, He was writing code when those children in the Ubuntu forums weren't even a glisten in their daddy's eye.

But sorry, I didn't mean to get off topic. And I don't mean any disrespect towards you ancestor, the OP, anyone else or their OS of choice.

I personally think that any Linux OS is a better choice than Windows.

19. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009