Windows 10 Is Spying On Everything You Do > So Why Use It ???

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by MysTikAL3, Jul 31, 2015.

1. venioni

venioni MDL Senior Member

Mar 28, 2014
    of curse and MS & NSA and all other secret service monitors whatch in us but the problem is that there is no another alternative see linux software is incompatible with several pc...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ilusi0n

ilusi0n MDL Junior Member

Nov 18, 2013
    What? What do you mean by that?

3. GrandGamer

GrandGamer MDL Novice

Sep 19, 2014
    You can always use a Linux LiveCD to delete those files if you want. However, they will reappear if you don't disable whatever is creating them.

BTW, did you guys know that ESET Smart Security firewall can block Windows communication as well as programs?

4. sauronxxx

sauronxxx MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
    where were all these concerned people when google and apple started fishing for data YEARS ago?

ah i see.... playing with their android and iphones, updating their facbook accounts every 30 minutes...... asking siri sensitive data.

99% of the concerend have no clue at all... only when it comes to windows they wake up.

yes the EULA wording sounds strong... but hey lets use your brains for a second.
    when you have some features enabled it is a TECHNICAL MUST that data is transfered to the cloud servers.
    like keystrokes, or voice data.

microsoft is clearly stating that, while others hide it behind "some data must be transmitted to our online servers".

5. sauronxxx

sauronxxx MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
    any good firewall can do that.

6. venioni

venioni MDL Senior Member

Mar 28, 2014
    i mean no drivers for much pc like mine that..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. sauronxxx

sauronxxx MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
    that and....

what programs exist for linux?

office programs and gimp?

if you do video editing, 3D, content creation.... or even gaming... linux is a joke.

GPU support sux.

and don´t come me with "you can use windows in VM" .. yeah then i have won a lot using, using linux to host windows!!!

give me a rest there is a reason why linux is only used by under 2% of the market.
    and that percentage includes a lot of server usage already (were linux makes actuall sense).

8. GrandGamer

GrandGamer MDL Novice

Sep 19, 2014
    #88 GrandGamer, Aug 2, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
    Since when is it a Technical Must for keystrokes and voice data to be transferred to cloud servers? Why would you even need to transfer that kind of data to cloud servers?

You obviously never used Linux before.

9. ilusi0n

ilusi0n MDL Junior Member

Nov 18, 2013
    The problem is that people are used to get everything out of the box.

It clearly depends the use you want to give to your computer.

10. nexus76

nexus76 MDL Addicted

Jan 25, 2009
    #90 nexus76, Aug 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  11. luxflux

luxflux MDL Novice

Mar 19, 2014
    #91 luxflux, Aug 2, 2015
    I value my privacy and security, and I'm tech savvy enough and confident that I can take total control of the OS. I'm experimenting in super paranoid mode at the moment; locked down firewall, hardcoded Microsoft domains in dnsapi.dll blocked, etc. Now I just gotta look into installing updates manually from the repository. If things get unmanageable or the experience goes to sh*t down the line I may go back to Windows 8, or even 7, but we'll see.

12. pirithous

pirithous MDL Member

Dec 17, 2014
  13. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    There is no such thing as privacy on the internet. People need to understand that whatever they do is visible to anyone willing and able to look. If you want complete privacy buy an etch-a-sketch, the non wifi version of course.

14. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    Ummm, OK, I'm flat out wrong. Encryption ALWAYS works so well. No one has ever been hacked who used encryption. Perhaps you should lurk around a little longer and figure out what exactly is going on here before you start slinging around insults.

15. pirithous

pirithous MDL Member

Dec 17, 2014
    Do yourself a favor and stop posting about things you know nothing about before making yourself look even more foolish. Your posts are ridiculous.

16. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    I work in an industry where encrypted systems have been broken into, hacked, etc. Encryption, VPN's and anything else you choose to use are fine and dandy until someone hacks them. FYI, product activation was encrypted, wasn't it. Move along junior, you're embarrassing yourself.

Fact is as long as you are connected to the internet you should have an expectation that your data and activities are never 100% secure or private.

17. pirithous

pirithous MDL Member

Dec 17, 2014
    #98 pirithous, Aug 2, 2015
    So because your "industry" (for all we know you work at Walmart) got "broken into", then that must mean that everybody better get used to being spied on because all encryption has been broken. I guess you missed the NSA and GCHQ slides where they wrote about how the Tor Project is a big problem for them because of how secure it is. And the buck doesn't stop there; there are plenty of other tools that I have in my toolbox that I would never share with you because you are too ignorant and not smart enough to admit you're wrong. I guess you never heard of XSalsa20 or the NaCI crypto library. I doubt you know anything about what a cryptographic nonce is, salts, random number generators, and more. Also, by your logic, all members of Anonymous and other hacking groups have been identified. You know what, I am done with you.

18. GrandGamer

GrandGamer MDL Novice

Sep 19, 2014
    So you are saying you had encrypted files on a hard drive and someone hacked into the computer and hacked those files and got all the information? or are you saying there was some kind of encrypted communication between 2 or more machines and someone hacked that encryption and listened to the communication stealing valuable information?

19. Mikorist

Mikorist MDL Member

Dec 26, 2012