Windows 10 Login<>LockScreen Changer

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by Alphawaves, Jul 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidm71

davidm71 MDL Novice

Sep 8, 2012
    Change spinning circles to something else?

Anyway to change the login spinning circles to something else?

Thanks.

2. dnats

dnats MDL Novice

Aug 6, 2012
    [request] logon image rotator

I use Logon Screen Rotator(lukepaynesoftware.com/lsrotator/) on Windows 7 to automatically switch the background of the logon screen at every login/lock. The dev behind it seems to have abandoned it though.
    I'm still on Windows 7, but plan to switch to 10 sometime soon. Does this program have any mode that randomly switches to different images on the login screen? If not, I would like to request this feature.

3. AmigaUser

AmigaUser MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2012
    The only problem I'm having with the latest version is that I have to apply the change twice. The first time, I only get a colour background and not the image I selected, even though the image appears on the program when I start it after applying it the first time. The second time it works (I have to revert, then re-apply the image).

4. porteno

porteno MDL Novice

Jan 27, 2016
    Thanks for developing this nasty little thing!

5. morrig

morrig MDL Novice

Jul 19, 2009
    Had no problems with W10 Logon BG Changer,on all builds of Win10,have not tried this one but with the problems some have might be not worth trying.

6. checomejia

checomejia MDL Novice

Jan 31, 2016
    I used the tool, selected the image i wanted in the login screen and then hit the Windows+L keys and my screen went black, i can only see the mouse pointer and i've been trying to bring my computer back since yesterday:weep:
    i tried mostly evetyhing but the issue remains. The computer boots up and i can hear that it connects to my bluetooth speaker, the external drive boots too so it seems is only an issue with the login screen but i can't get passed that.. any ideas?

7. krokenjra

krokenjra MDL Novice

Feb 2, 2016
    Just wanted to thank you for an awesome tweak!
    Works great!

8. Surferlizzie06

Surferlizzie06 MDL Novice

Feb 5, 2016
    Hello!!
    I tried the new link but it's also down. Is there anyway that I can find it through Dropbox? I really want to change that login screen!

9. wtfdude1

wtfdude1 MDL Novice

Sep 13, 2015
    Thank you soo much!

10. MatG

MatG MDL Novice

Aug 30, 2015
    Thank you so much for making a Login Background Changer that actually works!

By mistake i used the "wrong" application similar to this, found on this forum aswell, and i was wise enough to make a restore point just before i used it..

It bricked my rig and i noticed that it was not this app that had been updated. Just me making a big mistake :D

11. spidernz

spidernz MDL Senior Member

May 20, 2011
    Anyone having issue with it not keeping the user account pic off on the login screen when using "disable user account pictures" on 1511 Enterprise?

12. sereno_dom

sereno_dom MDL Novice

Feb 13, 2016
    #572 sereno_dom, Feb 14, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
    CANCEL I FOUND THE BUTTON Sorry I'm probably a noob at windows compared to most of you so please don't assume I know something. I applied an image and then tried to apply a different image but I get an error message 'Please revert the current image!'.... I don't really know what this means or how to do this. I would really appreciate if someone could help me. Thank you.

13. jjo

jjo MDL Novice

Feb 15, 2016
    Thank you for Windows 10 login changer. My login screen now makes me smile every time I see it.

14. Devil-May-Kare

Devil-May-Kare MDL Novice

Mar 3, 2016
    I also got a blank logon screen. What's more, I can't even return to the default settings because "Settings" says it is controlled by my organization(even though this is my own computer at home).

15. tracit99

tracit99 MDL Senior Member

Oct 17, 2014
    #575 tracit99, Mar 4, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
    Windows Insider Preview 14279 breaks Windows 10 Login Changer v1.3. Wound up with black screen and mouse cursor. I had to restore a Windows image. MS changed some things with the Lock Screen and the Login background image which breaks Windows 10 Login Changer. It was a good ride while it lasted.

16. Alphawaves

Alphawaves Super Moderator/Developer
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2008
    #576 Alphawaves, Mar 4, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    (OP)
    Ive just noticed that, until i update it you can use the Lockscreen changer in advanced option:

This works ive tried it.
    Code:
    Note: Sometimes using the 'Lockscreen Changer' option, the Lockscreen will not change, you need to apply one with windows first (Browse).
    Then use the option in Windows 10 Login Changer v1.3 to change Lockscreen !
    :eek:

17. tracit99

Oct 17, 2014
    Thanks Alphawaves for all your hard work.

18. tracit99

Oct 17, 2014
    #578 tracit99, Mar 4, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    No worrries. I restored to build 14267 because the disable Lock Screen in 14271 and 14279 is being ignored by my system. I can see the nolockscreen=1 in the registry but the Lock Screen is still showing up. In the advanced options of Windows Login Changer it shows the Lock Screen is set to disabled. I have been unable to find the root cause of this issue.

19. VoltisArt

VoltisArt MDL Novice

Mar 8, 2016
    Thanks for the tool. Confirming that I had to revert and select my image a second time, but otherwise no problem with build 10586.122 . Program even works without being unzipped. :D A tidy program is a good program.

20. AmigaUser

AmigaUser MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2012
    Small issue: if I select "Disable user account picture" there is a "yes or no" confirmation request. If no is selected, the user account picture is disabled anyway.