Windows 10 Login<>LockScreen Changer

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by Alphawaves, Jul 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alphawaves

Alphawaves Super Moderator/Developer
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Thats correct, it displays the message in the popup dialog box.
    Two disable options, Hard/Soft :)

2. Alphawaves

Staff Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Little update for newer builds of Windows! :eek:
    Not sure how well its working as unable to test!:D

3. Nzyme

Nzyme MDL Novice

Apr 18, 2012
    Alphawaves: I have 2 Windows 10 accounts (admin and standard). When I login to the admin account and lock my PC, the login page does not say "Locked" against my account. This holds good for the other account as well. Windows 7 had this feature which let the user know which account is currently locked. Is it possible to restore this in Win 10? This is a really needed feature. Are you able to implement this in this program? Thanks!

4. Chrystopher

Chrystopher MDL Member

Oct 23, 2013
    #584 Chrystopher, Mar 15, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. brandog

brandog MDL Novice

Mar 14, 2016
    Am brand new to the forum, and not much knowledge of computers, so apologies if I am not following protocol. Not really sure how this works.

When I ran the win10 background changer it warned me to remove another changer that had been used. I had indeed unsuccessfully tried another. But I did not see any installed programs. So I proceeded.

Now I am unable to start windows; I do not get any login screen. Any help or pointers you could provide would be much appreciated.

6. brandog

brandog MDL Novice

Mar 14, 2016
    Was able to recover system to state before I mucked it up. Is it safe to assume issue was caused by conflict with PFCKrutonium-- which I previously ran? As I mentioned, was unable to find anything to uninstall. If I try Alphawaves program again, how can I make sure the other has been completely removed?

7. Alphawaves

Staff Member

Aug 11, 2008
    #587 Alphawaves, Mar 16, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    (OP)
    Hi brandog, this software will not work for all PC's. Its completely up to the end user if they want to try it out. :)
    This version auto removes any other login changer!

Update for newer builds of Windows 10:
    Code:
    v1.5
    Bug Fixes
    :D

EDIT:

Still working on this, needs some fixes (forgot some things) :D

8. tracit99

tracit99 MDL Senior Member

Oct 17, 2014
    #588 tracit99, Mar 18, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
    I know that you are still working on some bug fixes and I am patient. Just installed build 14291 and I have managed to get the lock screen and the login screen out of sync. I have one image for the lock screen and a different one for the login screen.

Edit: Cannot restore defaults using sfc /scannow. Lock screen image and login image seem to be linked even when they are different images. The login image that I do not want only appears when I select a specific image. I have tried every thing I know and cannot get the lock screen image and login image back in sync unless I choose a different image. When I go back to the image I want to use I get that image for the lock screen but with a login image which is different and unwanted. I now this is confusing. Am I making any sense at all?

EditEdit: I finally got the image I wanted back the same for both the lock screen and login screen. Just kept change images in Personalization>Lock Screen until they synced up. I am not sure what specifically fixed it, but they are synced once again. If I am understanding the current state of things correctly, the Windows 10 Login Changer has in effect become a Windows 10 Lock Screen Changer in these latest Windows 10 Insider Preview builds.

9. Alphawaves

Staff Member

Aug 11, 2008
    #589 Alphawaves, Mar 18, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
    (OP)
    Hi tracit99, yep in these latest Windows 10 Insider Preview builds Windows 10 Login Changer has become the LockScreen Changer. Once youv'e activated the LockScreen in Personalize (browse) picture, Windows 10 Login Changer will auto sync the images so you wont have different images for lockscreen and login when applied with WLC. :)

10. tracit99

Oct 17, 2014
    @Alpahwaves

The login background used to be stored here C:\Windows\SystemResources\Windows.UI.Logon. Where is MS storing the background(s) now that they have combined the lock screen and login screen backgrounds? Just curious.

11. Alphawaves

Staff Member

Aug 11, 2008
    #591 Alphawaves, Mar 20, 2016
    (OP)
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\SystemData\????\ReadOnly\LockScreen_?
    ie:
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\SystemData\S-1-5-21-2452021588-3181809309-1938807053-1001\ReadOnly\LockScreen_A

Code:
    LockScreen.jpg
    LockScreen___yourscreenwidth_yourscreenheight_notdimmed.jpg
    ie: LockScreen___1680_1050_notdimmed.jpg
    WLC will search through all directories in SystemData for the needed files and replace them (time created) when a new image is selected in the Change LockScreen option.

12. tracit99

Oct 17, 2014
    Thanks Alphawaves. Very interesting.

13. coffinsurfer

coffinsurfer MDL Novice

Mar 23, 2016
    tried the program, didnt work

am running windows 10 and tried the program and while it does show the picture as the lock screen, when I reboot instead of showing the picture I want, I get some orange or blue picture, or I get the idiotic windows blue window screen.

How do I change to a picture I can tolerate?

14. andy.tay70

andy.tay70 MDL Junior Member

Dec 15, 2013
    Hi Alphwaves
    Good little program, but, it gives message " Unable to locate a Lockscreen Image" Even though i pointed it in the right direction.
    The program is displaying the image but wont change it?
    Any clues what i'm doing wrong??:confused:

15. Alphawaves

Staff Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Hi, you need to first apply a lock screen through windows personalize/lock screen - browse picture) to activate images in systemdata. :)

16. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    #596 EFA11, Mar 25, 2016
  17. Wolfizer

Wolfizer MDL Novice

Mar 18, 2016
    Hey there, a few days ago I used this program, but for some reason, if I try to change the login screen image (the one with the password box) using an image of my own, after locking windows it will lead me to a black screen with only a mouse cursor. Using a solid color doesn't seem to trigger this. I was able to remove the black screen by going into safe mode and using the system restore feature.

18. dngrwllrbnsn

dngrwllrbnsn MDL Novice

Mar 28, 2016
    Heya,

I tried to use this, but am still getting the standard Windows 10 log-in. Per another comment early in this thread, I renamed the .pris in the window.ui.logon folder, swapping the .backup labels. I also read your file indicating that if it doesn't work, try applying with windows first. I don't know where to apply the code in Windows though. Any help would be appreciated!

19. 200tonn

200tonn MDL Novice

Mar 28, 2016
    Who does not get re-edit the image, click Revert button in the Advanced menu

20. LED9

LED9 MDL Novice

Mar 30, 2016
    How do I download the Windows 10 Login Changer?