Windows 10 Login<>LockScreen Changer

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by Alphawaves, Jul 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LED9

LED9 MDL Novice

Mar 30, 2016
    I got Windows 10 Login Changer downloaded and changed the image, but I accidentally selected a different image. Then when I clicked on the picture to get a different image, I got the message "Please revert the current image!" What does that mean? How can I change the image again?

2. AmigaUser

AmigaUser MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2012
    Go to Advanced, press Revert and then go to Image again to select the image you want.

3. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    How do you ask such weird questions?

Its on the first page in the first post..

4. LagSeeN

LagSeeN MDL Novice

Mar 28, 2015
  5. Sonic Bodhi

Sonic Bodhi MDL Novice

Apr 3, 2016
    Thanks, I will try this and let you know how it works!

6. Eike

Eike MDL Novice

Apr 17, 2016
    Hello, this application does not work on my samsung laptop.

Windows 10 32 bits version. Every time I reboot I get the same blue inlog screen.

It skips the lockscreen like I want but it does not use the pictures I select for the login screen.

I did a sfc /scannow check and some windows files were repaired because I also did use the Enable Logon Background Image on Windows 10 reg edit before I used the Windows 10 login changerer

So to go back to normal situation I did use the sfc /scannow option and after the reboot I tried the windows 10 login changer again but the same result after reboot...no new image in the inlog screen...again the bleu inlog image.

Can you give me advise what to do...i always like to change the settings to give windows a more personal look :worthy::biggrin:

Greet, Eike

7. AmigaUser

AmigaUser MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2012
    Don't use sfc /scannow (unless there's a reason of course) because it will always remove the image you select with Windows 10 Login Changer.
    Do this: open Login Changer, select your image, go to Advanced, press Revert, then go back to Image and select your image one more time. This should work.

8. grasuxxl

grasuxxl MDL Novice

Apr 18, 2016
    Thanks!

Thanks a lot!

9. aryan02

aryan02 MDL Novice

Apr 22, 2016
    #609 aryan02, Apr 22, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
    More switches?

Thanks. This is great!

Any chance of some more switches to support unattended runs?

A few that I'd definitely use:

- a /Q switch (or /QI to suppress the popup that comes up when running the /I switch on a machine for the first time
    - a /QL to disable the lock screen (preferably quietly, maybe a /QDL?)
    - an /AD for "Apply to desktop"

Seems like the /QDL and /AD would need to be run before the /QI ? At least that's how it appears to work in the GUI.

I suppose I could use some registry or group policy hacks to do some of the things requested above, but more switches would make the program a one stop shop for me! But it's already super awesome, so THANKS!:clap:

Thanks for putting it together and maintaining it and replying to posts!!!

10. The_Guardian

The_Guardian Contributor

May 7, 2012
    Hey Alphawaves, been trying to reach you through pm but your inbox is full. Can you clean it so I can send you a message? I hate asking here in your thread but I have no other choice in order to get a hold of you. Hope no mods get mad. :mushy:

11. pureblublood

pureblublood MDL Novice

May 7, 2016
    Is there a way to revert everything and reset it?

12. vishal1996

vishal1996 MDL Novice

May 14, 2016
    the link is showing error please provide the link

13. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    On the first post both are working here. :)

14. justin0926

justin0926 MDL Junior Member

Nov 11, 2013
    Thanks a lot !!

15. waminyewa

waminyewa MDL Novice

Jun 11, 2016
    download link dont seem to work... please provide a working link!

16. fkar

fkar MDL Recognized Advisor

Nov 3, 2012
    Just checked drop box link provided in first post. It is working fine.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  17. Jckinnick

Jckinnick MDL Novice

Jun 12, 2016
    Doesn't really work, it changes the background not the log in image.

18. AmigaUser

AmigaUser MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2012
    That's exactly what it's supposed to do. Use Windows to change the login image...

19. micstan

micstan MDL Novice

Jun 16, 2016
    OUCH:( Just did the win 10 upgrade on a win 7 machine with Lots of stuff installed. Downloaded and used the program to change my login screen and now the screen is black once the boot is complete. Tried typing blind to login but nothing changes. Really don't want to do a clean install and lose everything (years of work getting programs installed the way I want them). Lack of restore from boot is the pits.

20. abc_sk2002

abc_sk2002 MDL Novice

Nov 6, 2012
    look for "Windows.UI.Logon.pri.BACKUP" file and replace it under windows sub directory in safe admin mode as "Windows.UI.Logon.pri"; then reboot. Things should be normal.

Otherwise run sfc scan in repair mode under admin login.