Windows 10 Login Screen Issue

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Anthony Accioly, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Super Spartan

Super Spartan MDL Expert

May 30, 2014
    I guess the OP will be thankful for saving him the hassle then.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Rickta

Rickta MDL Novice

Nov 8, 2017
    Welcome we are not alone with this google Lock Screen to Logon Credentials not working as desired TenForums
    19th Oct 2017 soz cant post link

3. Anthony Accioly

Anthony Accioly MDL Novice

Nov 19, 2017
    Hi guys, thanks for all of the suggestions. I've tried everything but a fresh install (as per @Rickta's post I don't think it is worth it).
    Custom registry tweaks, specialized software, changes do rendering and group policy, nothing works.

4. Rickta

Rickta MDL Novice

Nov 8, 2017
    Hi guy's problem is solved done a clean install with latest updates slipped in fresh ISO
    Great work Bill merry xmas:D

5. DonyMach1

DonyMach1 MDL Novice

Dec 2, 2017
    Thanks Rickta done as you said and yay it worked :D
    Merry Xmas to you to lol bit early

6. DonyMach1

DonyMach1 MDL Novice

Dec 2, 2017
    FYI Latest Cu broke lockscreen again:mad:
    But clean install with latest updates slipped in fresh ISO fixed it again Lol:party_time:

7. Anthony Accioly

Nov 19, 2017
    Nothing like reinstalling Windows every couple of weeks :). Fresh install didn't fix it for me, but I haven't installed all updates yet. Let me try and I'll report back.

8. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    If you really have this/such/similar problem, then this is not a Windows problem, but a problem with your computer. There must be something wrong or unstable.
    I have a lot of very different computers of different ages, different types and different manufacturers. None of them have similar a problem. Lock screen works in the right way and has always worked correctly, which means it worked well in previous Windows 10 versions as well.
    PS currently on all computers is running Windows 64 Pro en-US, downloaded from the Microsoft page.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Rickta

Rickta MDL Novice

Nov 8, 2017
    #29 Rickta, Dec 16, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
    Hey guys thanks for your feedback im no techy. I have two pc's at home both have
    FCU Win 10 Home x64 both have the same issue of that ugly lake lockscreen returning.
    I thought i had it fixed when i intergrated Nov Cu and done a clean install on both
    everything was fine until i installed Dec Cu then the ugly lake returned.
    So now i started again intergrated Dec Cu with Windows Download Intergrater same as i
    have done since Win 7 as i said im no techy lol.
    Done a clean install on my lappy and all is good im not doing my other machine as its
    my wifes and she likes the lake lol.
    As far as im concerned this issue is a FCU bug that not all have thank for the thread.

10. Anthony Accioly

Nov 19, 2017
    #30 Anthony Accioly, Dec 16, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
    (OP)
    I don't doubt your word that everything is working fine on several boxes, my own VirtualBox instances are all working fine. However rest assured that I and several other lads are "really" facing such a problem. I can't post the links here due to forum rules but either this is a quite common bug or a case study for mass hysteria (not that my own eyes / sanity and the internet are otherwise indisputable evidence of anything).
    I'm not a sysad but as a developer my gut feeling would be to blame the issue on recent changes in Windows codebase. I can't see how this can be a problem with my computer (other than maybe Windows doing something funky for my combination of Hardware / OS version). I've reinstaled fresh on bare metal with an ISO for Windows 64 Pro En-US downloaded straight from Microsoft two days ago (@Phoenix was there to give me a hand) and can confirm that the issue persists after a fresh install. Otherwise I trust @Rickta that there is some ISO / CU lottery going on. The isue is certainly subtile enough to escape QA / most users... Plus even the few of us that noticed the uggly beach - I did because I have my own branded sigin screen - will probably let it go. I'm certainly not reinstalling a second time. My Kudos for your persistence Rickta. Fair play to you!