Windows 10 Long Boot Time ??

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by riajulzanna, Jul 25, 2017.

1. riajulzanna

riajulzanna MDL Junior Member

Nov 16, 2013
    And that is the pain in the a*s when I see others boot time :D

2. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Windows 10 can boot in 5 or 6 seconds with a good SSD, not so with the platter drives

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    @ Joe C really oh yes I have one little SSD of 240GB only for Windows and more some HDD's for my files :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Snuffy

Snuffy MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    Yep, my Surface Pro 4 is that fast... er by 2 or 3 seconds.

5. Kuantum Freak

Kuantum Freak MDL Junior Member

Mar 30, 2015
    It takes 18-19 seconds for my SSD Windows 10 machine to load up, and it speds about 5-6 seconds on that black screen. I do have fast boot turned on.

Turned off fast boot, and I get to my desktop in about 22-23 seconds and it stayed on that black screen longer.

Im guessing if you have an HDD, it would be a bit longer. I would think 35-45 seconds to be a good boot time for Windows 10 in an HDD

Try turning on fast boot (there are plenty of people who posted how-to's), and see what happens

6. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    With a single SSD my boot time was extremely fast with fast boot and full restart, but since going RAID0 with 2 x SSD it's slower than a potato, think it's the RAID controller causing it

7. Kuantum Freak

Mar 30, 2015
    Ya, RAID0 is supposed to increase performance not turn it into a potatoes haha. Make sure you have the proper chipset drivers and RAID Drivers. I would try them without RAID just to make sure they both perform properly

8. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Yea got the chipset and RAID drivers installed, tried with MS default drivers and AMD drivers, same with both

I know the original SSD is fine and fast, and don't have any issues with either of them in RAID0 while in Windows, transfer speeds and access times are nice and quick, it's literally just the boot time that's slow

The motherboard is getting on now though, last BIOS release was 2012 (Crosshair V Formula) so wouldn't be surprised if it was 2012 vs Win 10

Not a major issue, I generally only boot in the morning and that's it running until I shutdown at night

9. Kuantum Freak

Mar 30, 2015
    Hmm, weird, I hope you find a fix for it. :dunno:

10. riajulzanna

Nov 16, 2013
    actually the problem was in the prefetch.

11. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    ^^
    Hi don't trust in some "magic" websites that promisse a lot of things all wrong for me they need banned from Internet ;)

12. BladeGod

BladeGod MDL Member

Oct 28, 2016
    Still this mini unnoticeable artifact isn't yet squashed by MS in 1709. Well, I got used to it.

13. vuze4u

vuze4u MDL Member

Apr 24, 2010
    60 seconds sound about right for HDD to load from cold boot. My Asus laptop load that long without SSD. Drive defragged, contain nothing but OS and couple programs. Check around task scheduler and anything that can relate load on boot or autostart services, also any attached USB connection other than mouse and keyboard could slow down OS boot depend what device it is.

14. riajulzanna

Nov 16, 2013
    It's not from any website.Recently i have noticed that after disabling superfetch, boot time is high and black screen with spinning circle.Then i renabled the superfetch and deleted the prefetch contents.Restarted the pc for 2-3 times so that it can build its prefetch again.Boot time dramatically reduced.You can disable the superfetch afterwards.I cant guarantee that it'll work for everyone but it happens with me :D You may check yourself.Cheers.:)