Windows 10 LTSC 2019 - Disabling/Removing Windows Defender

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by kittonium, Mar 19, 2019.

1. TechnoMojo

TechnoMojo MDL Novice

Feb 26, 2020
    Nice work guys. I like the GPO and Regedit process very much so. I chose to disable Windows Defender scan functionality and disable windows local firewall but leave Defender in place. The reason I did this is that we run McAfee and Deep Security. With my current settings, I can still use Defender for quick access to the status of firewalls and antivirus and also I can get notifications pop up if something stops working. In the end, Defender is still part of Windows just how much we let work is the question I think.

What I did to disable Defender scanning if the third party antivirus is turned was:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender
    Right-click the Windows Defender (folder) key, select New, and click on DWORD (32-bit) Value.
    Name the key DisableAntiSpyware and press Enter.
    Double-click the newly created DWORD and change the value from 0 to 1.

What I did to disable all local Windows firewalls. By default, if a third party firewall is disabled, the local firewall is turned on by Windows.
    From cmd:netsh advfirewall set allprofiles state off

Let me know your thoughts.

2. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Damn I had to install W10 on my machine. Didn't want to but I had to. First time user.
    How to disable Windows Crapfender to this day.

3. Windows_Addict

Windows_Addict MDL Expert

Jul 19, 2018
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
  5. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
  7. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    This is great, didn't know. That's why this tool needs a thread.
    Priceless...

8. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    Since it's an important aspect I've mentioned it on the very first line of the script.
    I agree my contributions are all over the place here, but whenever I want to aggregate them I back away thinking there should be only one.
    Only one what?
    Batch scripts repo, of course :p

9. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Ah yes, you have various useful gems. Do it please:

BAU's scripts repo

10. LiteOS

LiteOS Windowizer

Mar 7, 2014
    #32 LiteOS, Dec 3, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
    some of us want to understand more of the stuff they doing
    so i make it simple
    so if they are stuck at same step they can recover or find another way to solve the problem

thats why i dont like the "copy-paste" method

it does
    i check the option of disabling defender
    it had few handles and mb threads hook to explorer

Im sharing this cos they are so much requests for this
    so i just want to let it rest

if u want security just go to Linux, defender or any AV cant secure 0-day exploits
    so rolling on this make u naive, OH I have AV IM SECURED, joined a cult lately ?

and also some of us need responsive OS for games
    so ure thinking from ur narrowed POV
    makes u smartest guy in the world

oh look how pro the script i made, it so pro no one cant understand it
    cos im pro and u not
    nice attitude dude

11. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    Had no idea it was actually you doing that, figured it's yet another youtube s**tter.
    Coming from a fellow MDL member, it makes it much better, and I am genuinely sorry if I offended you.

But then you went a bit overboard with your reaction.
    There's no place for "mb" (maybe?) in such serious matters. I found no such issues with Defender toggled off, but then again I don't extensively use explorer.
    And defender and other AVs absolutely can and do secure agains 0-day exploits.
    These past years is increasingly harder to get my hands of samples because the most pesky stuff gets stopped in it's tracks, before it reaches me in Europe.
    Last but not least, Linux desktop is no longer as safe as most think, malware often hits popular package repositories such as AUR