Windows 10 permanent Bugs

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Sturmbringer, Jan 31, 2017.

1. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. davistje

davistje MDL Novice

May 13, 2016
    They took Dim display after which use to be under Advanced Power Options starting with Windows 8.1. You could try adding it back with a .reg tweak found here www dot eightforums dot com/tutorials/36244-power-options-add-remove-dim-display-after.html but I don't know if it works with Windows 10. I can't log out of Windows right now (doing a backup) to see if tweak added the option or not.

3. davistje

davistje MDL Novice

May 13, 2016
    So I spent some time searching trying find tweak for Windows 10 to re-add Dim display after to Advanced Power Options and it appears it can't be done unfortunately. The above registry tweak did not add the option BTW.

4. Sturmbringer

Sturmbringer MDL Novice

May 3, 2015
    #24 Sturmbringer, Feb 2, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    (OP)
    Very sad. Thanks for the info anyways. I always thought they just broke it because the dimming activates shortly before blanking which is useless. So my hope was that there is a time parameter in the registry which is set wrong or something like that.

Edit: Maybe it does not work because in the registry of win 10 there are two keys. CurrentControlSet and ControlSet001 but there is no ControlSet which is implemented by the reg tweak from the site you posted. To which of the two it has to be redirected so it may work?