Windows 10 Pro Insider Deactivated

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by devans123, Aug 9, 2015.

1. devans123

devans123 MDL Novice

Jul 27, 2009
    Rang Microsoft for phone activation (2 minutes ago) was told to call back in 2 hours as system down.
    I asked how long system had been down, declined to answer, reiterated call back in 2 hours.

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    As it seems to be, regarding the different types of Product Keys used already and as you posted them, you 'played' with your Windows 10 installation quite a lot and such outsome lokks like totally normal. Keep in mind, if you start to fool MS to much, don't wonder if they starting to block activations done by your system using the same HWID!

Either you're not telling all real fact to us, don't post them or even like to trolling around here at MDL, ther a lot dobious informations in your post's and I'll stop anwering any of your further questions right now!

Bye.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Did you even bother to check what keys this are? They're generic Retail ones from the Free Offer and a gVLK :doh:.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. devans123

devans123 MDL Novice

Jul 27, 2009
    pisthai: I have only started playing with this since it deactivated, up until then it was untouched or modified.
    Currently I have restored to an image prior to the problem.
    I have never given misinformation, I have stated my case and the steps I took to resolve it, if you see me as a troll, then that is your perogative.

slave77: No I did not check the 'store key' the other one was installed by MTK 2.6.1beta so I knew it was a VLK.
    I have now googled the 'store key' and according to various chinese sites and nsane, it is a default Win 10 Pro Retail Key.
    I am still bemused why one of the activation options is to go to the store to activate, where upon it states your copy of Windows is genuine, changes the key, and when you check your status tells you that you need to activate.

5. hack

hack MDL Senior Member

Sep 14, 2009
    I haven't looked at the full details for the Insider program however there may be a limit on how many devices you can run/ MS Account.

From my count and depending on how you activated your other devices you are looking at the 6th activation.

You have all the information in your head about the activations etc. you just need to figure it out. Trying to diagnose this problem with little bits of information trickling through a bit at a time is just confusing the issue.

6. blackdew

blackdew MDL Novice

Aug 10, 2015

Or more people that switch to KMS :p

7. devans123

devans123 MDL Novice

Jul 27, 2009
    I have spoken to 'Phone Activation', Technical Support and Online Support personnel, all say the same thing,
    If your Insider copy is deactivated it cannot be reactivated.
    The alternatives are to upgrade from an existing 7/8.1 or purchase a key.
    I have a legitimate copy of 8.1 for this box so I will use that path to upgrade.
    It may prove disappointing for some that after months of testing and upgrading from build to build, that their dream (promise) of a permanently activated copy has come to nothing through no fault of their own.

8. Underclocked

Underclocked MDL Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Have you tried re-enabling Get Insider Builds in the advanced part of windows update?

9. devans123

devans123 MDL Novice

Jul 27, 2009
    Yes I did try that, as well as logging out of my MS account and signing back in again.
    The -3V66T key has been decommissioned, so any Insider copy trying to activate now will fail.
    This is to prevent misuse of the Insider copies.

10. 10aout

10aout MDL Novice

Aug 8, 2015
    Sorry if I deceive you

Unless I am mistaken (easy), if you did not enter the Insider program starting from a legit copy, you will end with an activated installation of 10240 which is "time-bombed" (just like any other insider builds), i.e. scheduled to fail renewal of activation after some time (a few months.)

At least this was my understanding of the June 22nd "update" of a post from Gabe Aul, see hxxps://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/06/19/upcoming-changes-to-windows-10-insider-preview-builds/ [sorry, low rep here so cannot post link; mods are welcome to edit the post, TIA.]

Of course there is a possibility there are no real time bomb stored along the hardware-id informations as registered at Microsoft (thus any activation of 10240 will make the underlying hardware legal for the rest of time) meaning that Gabe's "update" was in fact mere FUD; and in fact this remains my principal hypothesis so far about this issue.
    But what is happening to you seems to me like your activation, for some reason, was "disabled"; and I wonder whether this could be because the "time bomb" mechanism were triggered.

11. devans123

devans123 MDL Novice

Jul 27, 2009
    I did not opt out, so I should not have been time bombed.

“I want to continue as a Windows Insider!” If you want to continue as a Windows Insider past 7/29 there is nothing you need to do. You’re already opted in and receiving builds in the Fast or Slow ring depending upon your selection. This is prerelease software and is activated with a prerelease key. Each individual build will expire after a time, but you’ll continue to receive new builds so by the time an older prerelease build expires you’ll have received a new one. Since we’re continuing the Windows Insider Program you’ll be able to continue receiving builds and those builds will continue to be activated under the terms of the Windows Insider Program. We provide ISOs for these builds for recovery from any significant problems, but they are still pre-release software. As part of the program we’ll upgrade Insiders to what is for all intents and purposes the same build as what other customers will get on 7/29, but that will be just another build for Insiders, and those who stay in the program will simply get the next build after as well.

Anyway I have now upgraded a legal retail 8.1 Pro on this box and it activated OK.