Windows 10 Pro on Surface Hub V1

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by PSteward, Sep 30, 2021.

1. PSteward

PSteward MDL Novice

Feb 23, 2021
    Hello,

I have been trying to load Windows 10 Pro on a Surface Hub v1 without success, it doesn't see it as supported boot media. I am able to load Windows 8.1 without issue, but after a few updates it breaks - and if I upgrade to 10 it doesn't boot anymore.
    Any ideas on the boot differences, as in why 10 Pro is not recognized but 8.1 is?

Thanks!

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    AFAIK, only Windows 10 1703 could run on Surface Hub v1! And I'm not sure it would even run Windows 10 Pro 1703!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. PSteward

PSteward MDL Novice

Feb 23, 2021
    Normal Windows 10 (v1703) works? With that ISO it will load/install?
    I suppose I don't NEED pro loaded, but definitely 10 versus 10 TEAMs (locked down).

4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Just download and test it! Just to be first: download the latest BIOS for your device and install it!

I don't know which variation of the Sureface Hub v1 really will work. The web isn't full of info about that device!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. PSteward

PSteward MDL Novice

Feb 23, 2021
    I put 10 1703 on a USB and it won't boot from it. If I replace it with an 8.1 variation it boots to the installer....
    No access to the BIOS! It looks like american megatrends but no access no matter what I try.

6. itsmemario1

itsmemario1 MDL Expert

Sep 10, 2012
  7. PSteward

PSteward MDL Novice

Feb 23, 2021
    Thanks for the response. I've already read through most of this, and TEAMS won't work for me at since my device is in portrait mode not landscape (Portrait not supported by teams).
    Currently Windows 8.1 does work albeit it's not what I want on the device as I want access to Windows 10 apps (tried installing manually some without success).
    Lastly if I did want to reflash my drives (I have two liteons) with the Teams OS, I couldn't as the Recovery tool always crashes when it tries to format the drives (diskpart problem) and produces the same error - Microsoft's solution is only to replace the drives (only $80!).