Windows 10 Pro x64 will run on Atom N450?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by pisthai, Feb 24, 2021.

1. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Windows 10 Pro x64 will run on Atom N450?

As the title said: could Windows 10 Pro 64bit run on an Atom CPU N450 with 2GB of RAM?

Let see what the experts will say! Thanks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    The Intel Celeron 3050 has 2 cores, while the Atom N450 has just 1 core.

I already installed today the Windows 10 Pro Clone ReviOS on that Netbook with the Atom N450 CPU and 2GB DDR2 Ram and it installed as 64bit and works quite Ok. I already installed some weeks ago Windows 10 Pro 32bit but it was a PITA to run it, just half of the speed it now runs with RevOS 64bit! The activation from the 32bit was now still working for the 64bit as Digital License again!
    That Netbook is an Acer eMachines eM350 Series (350-21G16ikk) NAV51, build 05/2010, SATA 1 160GB. If I change the HDD to a SATA 2, brings maybe a little bit more speed.

That had answered my own question about the use of 64bit on the Atom N450 1core CPU!

Edit: Forget to mention, the use of the CPU stands mainly by 20-60% on ReviOS 64bit while a W10 Pro 32bit it stood all times at 100% CPU use!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Can you produce real figures, like from a benchmark, with the homebrew and normal install?

4. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    I was tempted to ask but you can do it too: ask who can configure a tool from here to modify windows 10 pro x64 to run and behave just like ReviOS specially the cpu usage part. I mean, many defend mdl tools, well prove these tools can do it and pass on the recipe lol

5. ohenry

ohenry MDL Senior Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Windows 10 on a single core cpu? Seriously? In 2021?

Whatever. Carry on.

6. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Yes, seriously, and in 2021 too!

Ok, a bit about the background Why, and How!
    I doing totally free services for two Orphanages, one in Bangkok and one in the next Chonburi Provence. Those two are eager to teach the kids the use of computers to give them the ability to learn for the future, which simply is a good thing! Mainly they're using 8" Android Tablets, branded as OTPC, which the Thai Government provide some years ago to normal Schools, just stopped that about 3-4 years ago. Those Orphanages were not even getting that Tablets from the Government!
    Some years ago, I helped some disabled kids to work with computers, mainly low-powered Netbooks, which I received as Donations from some Computer Dealers, some customers, and private persons. That was the beginning! Since that widened to that two Orphanages as of today.
    Many of that machines were not running anymore, some I was able to fix to reuse them, the rest I kept a Spareparts. Most of that machine was Acer machines followed by Asus EEE's and Toshiba's.

Firstly: Those Kids are really not in need of the latest and powerful Hardware! And secondly: I'm not a rich Human for to be able to pay for all of that. So, I use that old Hardware as well as possible to provide much-needed help to such kids to give them a bit better future! It's just even a very 'tiny drop of water on a very big and hot stone'!
    The use of that low-powered machines even prevents the kids from using power needed Games!

At the moment, I've about 80+ old low-powered machines out there in those two orphanages and have another nine at my Office to test, modify and get ready for future use, and those all 8+ years old already!
    I tested quite some different Windows versions (from XP to Windows 10) in its original stage and Homebrew as well, just concentrate on the latest Windows Versions of Windows 10! Some years ago I bought a bunch of a hundred Windows 8 Pro's for a very low cost at MS, and use them till today to activate all used machines with Digital Licenses. Each of that Windows 8 Licenses could be used multiple times to activate Windows 10 Pros on many machines.

Last but least: The use of a Single Core Atom N450 CPU was done because I was getting that machine a few weeks ago, installed Windows 10 Pro 32bit, and found it really useless! Only after I was starting to use ReviOS Windows 10 Pro Clone as 64bit, I tried that on this machine as well too, and succeeded!

7. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    I could, but would!

If someone likes to get such figures, it's easy for them to do those 'testings' on their own!

8. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    You claim the performance stuff not me... factual info would be appreciated,,
    Btw, when did a license ever depend on the OS architecture?

9. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    As I told you, if want some figures, do the own testing if don't believe what I was saying! Anyway, some outcomes will differ because the Environment differs!

I use the old Windows 8 Pro Product Keys, original Microsoft, bought online from MS! Those Keys working for both 32bit and 64bit for the Pro version only!

10. nosirrahx

nosirrahx MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2017
    I'll get you something in a few months. I have a OneGx1 Pro on order and with the way I intend on using it I won't need much of anything from a stock Windows 10 install. I plan on installing a bare bones install and then disable a lot more. I don't online game so it's not even going to have wireless enabled.

Literally the only time anything will ever get updated is if an update fixes an issue I currently have.

I'll post up stock and chopped down stats for you. I am super curious myself.

11. boyonthebus

boyonthebus MDL Expert

Sep 16, 2018
    @pisthai You are truly a wonderful person to donate all this time and effort to help the disadvantaged.

12. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    +1

13. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    +2

14. ourslf

ourslf MDL Novice

May 18, 2019
    but why win10, would be better to use 32bit windows 7, or some really lightweight linux distro

15. Windows_Addict

Windows_Addict MDL Expert

Jul 19, 2018
    @pisthai
    Two ques,
    - Why are you trying the x64 bit Windows with 2 GB ram in the first place, shouldn't you be using x86 bit version instead?
    - Agree that the latest Windows 10 versions won't run well on such low-end systems, as a solution why aren't you using windows 8.1 or windows 10 1507/1607 LTSB instead of homebrew which will lead to issues.? (old windows 10 runs well on old systems)
    if you have issues with the genuine license then you can leave them unactivated, having a watermark isn't that bad.

16. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    @ourslf & @Windows_Addict: Both of you: read at Post #7, that should give you all answers!

And to add: Just at the moment I use that Windows 10 Pro Clone/Homebrew ReviOS because it simply runs way better than the full original Windows 10 Pro! Unfortunately, there's only the 64bit version available! Not any problem with Genuine Windows, I've got a lot of unused and original Windows 8 Pro Products keys and could use them even multiple times for different machines because they're changing to Digital Licenses by Activation.

I already planning to create my own homebrew Windows 10 Pro for both 32bit and 64bit, just need to have a little time for that, which I didn't have at the moment!

17. Windows_Addict

Jul 19, 2018
    I read that, it doesn't answer those questions.
    Leave the homebrew out in this context and please answer them.
    As you said you have tried all versions, I'm curious to know why are you going after windows 10 x64 pro (latest I hope you meant) (and homebrew), instead of 32-bit windows 8.1 or even 1507/1607 ltsb 32 bit?

18. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    @:Windows_Addict:

First of all: I'm in Thailand! Thai people like to use the latest available Software in terms of using a computer!

Secondly, do you really expect that I* should teach the kids outdated software? Even the Teacher at the schools in that Orphanages wouldn't like that at all! Therefore Windows 10 is the way to go what also applies to the 64bit too! And all the Original Product Keys I have, are for Pro Versions!

Period!

19. Windows_Addict

Jul 19, 2018
    Outdated software?
    Please let us know 1 important thing which you will really miss out on if you use 1607 32 bit (or even 8.1) compared to that homebrew which you are installing (on an Atom N450 with 2 GB ram).
    Just so you know, a feature update will simply undo most of that homebrew changes, and the system will become almost the same (laggy) for what you are complaining about in the first place.