Windows 10 Pro x64 will run on Atom N450?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by pisthai, Feb 24, 2021.

1. shhnedo

shhnedo MDL Expert

Mar 20, 2011
    #21 shhnedo, Feb 25, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    This makes no sense.
    And this is exactly why. Let's say I fire up a virtualbox with 1 core and 2gb of ram. Do the modding and testing and end up with a completely unusable system. Then it seems your claim is false, right? "Ye, but you're not testing on an actual physical machine..." Well, of course, everyone has a spare Atom N450 lying around for testing...
    Bottom line is, when you make a claim, you should be providing proof, so as to not look like a troll. Even a handful of screenshots of the task manager in both scenarios can be considered as proof of concept.

What you're ultimately doing - admirable. The way you're approaching the discussions - not entirely right.

Edit 1:
    This sounds more like "I'm looking to start a s**tstorm.".

Edit 2:
    Also, I hope this thread is not a continuation of your thread about a "commercial" homebrew that was closed quite recently, as you yourself demand proof of concept, even though you were pointed to the source of that construct(the windows edition reconstruction project thread). You're frantically defending an undocumented frankenbuild, while at the same time denying the existence of a documented one.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ohenry

ohenry MDL Senior Member

Aug 10, 2009
    I applaud what you're trying to do, help out the kids in the orphanages. Admirable, to be sure. But your reasoning that they only want the latest software is downright silly. If they're stuck with ancient obsolete hardware, but insist on the latest OS, this becomes an exercise in futility.

If you want these kids to be productive on this obsolete hardware, Linux IS the answer. I am not given to pushing Linux on people who don't want it, but it is a perfect fit for what you're trying to do. Why do you think they use Linux under the covers for Chromebooks?

3. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    I have just to use Windows, with legal licenses! And that I do in the best way possible! All of that on mainly low-powered Netbooks! As well as predicted by those who finally will use that machines! And I did not have any problem with that! Period!

And all of the machines used, include the software are done the way I have to do. Period!

Got it? So please stop predicting otherwise! And I'd not asked for any help, just gave the info regarding the Why and How!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Done, thread can be closed?

5. verndog

verndog MDL Member

May 3, 2010
    What if one of your orphanage children ask you, "Can I use Linux". What would you say to them?

6. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Normally I should not answer this stupid question if you had read all my posts you would know that these machines used in a school!!

But here you (and everybody else) go: All machines are using the exact same configuration, a must for to be used in the school! The HDDs are split into 2 logical drives in which the C: (System-)Drive is locked against changes, while the second D: drive is the Data drive, which could be freely used. The C: drive is further protected and could be edited with a special Password only. The same applies to the BIOS! Both used Passwords are on my hand only!

7. shhnedo

shhnedo MDL Expert

Mar 20, 2011
    That's highly unlikely, given the background of said children.

Anyways, this thread has no future if what I said in my last post holds true - drama for no good reason.

8. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    This thread anyway is about running a 64bit Windows 10 on a single core CPU/Mainboard! Not all Single core CPUs will support 64bit! Only single-core CPUs with 2 threads will even be able to use 64bit, if at all! And that special using a Windows 10 OS, latest version! And, what will work on this machine, will work on Dual Core machines even a lot better!

I just came around that Acer eMachines EM350 some few weeks ago and still had some problems to first get it working at all at 64bit and secondly even just useable at 32bit with original full versions of Windows 10 2004 H1/H2! The use of CPU Power was all times at above 90%, mostly just at 100%! Only after the use of ReviOS, that changed quite a lot for the better and the Netbook could be used relatively quite Ok, and that with 64bit OS (because ReviOS is available as 64bit only)!

The machines I use are not for to play famous high power needed games, Video Editing and so on, they're used for the Kids for to learn to get working with computers. And I've strict orders from the Principal and the Teachers of that Orphanages and School, to which I'm bound and which I've to follow!

And I really believe, that there a lot of Users (not MDL only) who still have such low-powered machines (Netbook, Laptops, and Desktops) around without using them! There are for sure a lot of people out on planet Earth, who didn't have the funds to have all times latest technology or can afford to buy them! Those are also looking for a way to get newer Software working on the old machines they have around unused in some 'corner'!

Overall, my experiences with down stripped versions of Windows 10 Pro, here ReviOS, mainly use Dual-Core CPUs, and here they are working quite well (for normal use!), are very good.

9. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    How about updating it. Do updates break all the tweaks and cuts?

10. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Not as far as I used to update ReviOS till now. It seems to just use the really needed updates, not breaking some tweaks and cuts. But it downloads all, so it's recommended to use the Disk Clean after the update is done to free up some 5+GB of space!

11. nosirrahx

nosirrahx MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2017
    The only thing that always comes back is Defender.

I run modified images on a lot of systems and have not had an issue with stuff coming back. Even stuff like system restore stays removed.

CUs are different than new builds though. In the fall 21H2 will likely install a lot of stuff but the way to mitigate that is to just not install it until you can create an image with matching removals, test it on a test box and then upgrade the machines.

I did that going from 1909 to 2004 and between then and now (I am on 21H1) none of my removals have been undone.

12. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Good to know. Great.

I ask cause I read @Windows_Addict post, look

13. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    In ReviOS even Defender did NOT come back! And also, Edge is not more available and did not come back either!

14. Windows_Addict

Windows_Addict MDL Expert

Jul 19, 2018
    Which feature update you used to test this?
    Are you sure you are not talking about monthly updates or small feature updates such as (1903 to 1909, 20h1 to 20h2)

15. nosirrahx

nosirrahx MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2017
    I'd have to test that buy from what I have personally tested there is literally nothing you can do to stop it.

For example I removed defender from an image, added policy restrictions against it, created all of its folders and gave them completely broken permissions, created all of registry keys and gave them completely broken permissions and ......

CUs and new builds still reinstalled it.

16. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    About Feature Update 2004 20h2! download fully with nearly 5GB, installed only partly without Defender and Edge!

17. Windows_Addict

Jul 19, 2018
    Exactly from which build it was updated to which build?
    Are you saying you updated 2004 to 20h2 to do this test?

18. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    #38 pisthai, Feb 27, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
    (OP)
  19. case-sensitive

case-sensitive MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2013
    >ReviOS

Is not just homebrew its pirated software = A wi n 10 system with another brand name on / in it .

20. Windows_Addict

Jul 19, 2018