Windows 10 Server Theme

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by ShadowMoses, Oct 20, 2021.

1. ShadowMoses

ShadowMoses MDL Novice

Jul 27, 2015
  2. ShadowMoses

ShadowMoses MDL Novice

Jul 27, 2015
    Uhh, I don't know, but it is some kind of basic theme.
    When you install Windows Server with Desktop Experience but remove the Shell GUI (I don't know if it is the right name for it), it is the same as in the picture.
    Also if you install Windows Server without the Desktop Experience, then it has also the same as in the picture but without the Desktop.

3. SAM-R

SAM-R MDL Guru

Mar 21, 2015
    Sorry, I can only help you if you find a file that ends in either .deskthemepack or themepack. or theme.
    Look in Windows / Resources / Themes

4. ShadowMoses

ShadowMoses MDL Novice

Jul 27, 2015
    There is only a folder named "aero" with an "aerolite.msstyles" and the en-US file "aerolite.msstyles.mui".
    Even if I copy all files in the exact same folder to Windows 10, nothing visually changed.

5. dummekuehe

dummekuehe MDL Senior Member

Jan 11, 2009
    I think if you want enable the aerolite.msstyles you need to duplicate the C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\aero.theme, call it aerolite.theme and then edit it in notepad for example and change aero.msstyles to aerolite.msstyles.

oh you said not the aerolite theme.
    then i'm not sure what you mean

6. ShadowMoses

ShadowMoses MDL Novice

Jul 27, 2015
    Actually I think it is the aerolite theme but I mean the window buttons on the picture, they are different.

I think they are exclusive to the Server Core OS.

7. ceo54

ceo54 MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2015
    They are in .msstyles file. OP just need to install the server msstyles with a modified .theme and enable it from settings/control panel.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...