Windows 10 Settings app not working at all.

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by TwiXxin, Oct 9, 2018.

1. TwiXxin

TwiXxin MDL Novice

May 8, 2017
    #1 TwiXxin, Oct 9, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    Tried sfc /scannow, bunch of powershell commands, creating new username nothing worked.
    Any other ideas? I'd rather wait for the new update before fresh installing to not have any issues like these. Or if there is like already latest iso with october update?
    What i mean is the little cog button to open settings to get into privacy, updates thingy it doesnt even work if i try to open from action center.
    EDIT.
    Also tried some of microsoft troubleshooters, didn't help.
    Where can i find the latest october file iso 1809 if anyone knows please let me know.
    I'll just do a fresh install, i gave up on trying to fix this, might be some registry problem or something.

2. MELERIX

MELERIX MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2011
    first use: dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

and then: sfc /scannow

3. TwiXxin

TwiXxin MDL Novice

May 8, 2017
    Already did, no corruptions found in both of these scans.

4. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Windows 10 Settings app not working at all - what it means? Does it opens and You cannot select what to change or You can select but changes don't take effect or what it means.
    And what Windows version You uses at all, how long time it have been installed, what changes You have did.
    If You only say that don't work at all, not possible to say also nothing else, than clean install helps always, if computer is OK.
    So, if You hope to get really help, You must say, what kind of help You need.
    It's not enough, if You say "Nothing works....please help me ..."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. TwiXxin

TwiXxin MDL Novice

May 8, 2017
    Just windows settings doesn't work, like doesnt start at all, i can't open it, when i click it nothing happens. But that's besides the point, i'll do fresh install with october update, do you know where i can find the latest iso by any chance? I tried downloading via bat file from someone in this forum but doesnt work, i get an error.

6. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    I checked, Windows has not upgraded the links. There are only those links that were published in early October. These links are available and work. I checked few minutes ago.
    But you have not yet said what kind of link you can not find.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...