Windows 10 Technical Preview Application Compatibility

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Skylined, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Skylined

Skylined MDL Member

Nov 10, 2008
  2. xXHelperXx

xXHelperXx MDL Novice

Mar 17, 2014
    Not working on Main OS
    Vmware On bridget mode.
    NAT just work perfectlly.

3. chocoboss

chocoboss MDL Junior Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Used as main OS atm, but I have keep my win 8.1 on the second HDD just in case.

Seems to be enought stable for daily use atm

4. Paul117

Paul117 MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2013
    got this setup as my main os for now here is my list of working and not working
    utorrent (Installed Working)
    Aida64 Engineer (Installed Working)
    Airport Utility (Installed Working)
    ChrisPC Win Experence Index 2.20 (Installed Not Giving Scores)
    Chrome (Installed Working)
    Hard Disk Sentinel Pro (Installed Working)
    iLO Integrated Remote Console (Installed Working)
    Malwarebytes (Installed Working)
    Office (Installed Working)
    NetSpeed Monitor (Installed Working)
    Norton 360 (Will Not Install Compatability Issues)
    Origin (Installed Working)
    Samsung Kies3 (Installed Working)
    Samsung Magician (Installed Working)
    Samsung Sidesync 3.0 (Installed Working)
    Spybot Search and Destroy (Installed Working)
    VLC (Installed Working)
    Vmware Workstation July 2014 Tech Preview (Installed Working)
    Winrar (Installed Working)
    Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials Client Connector Software wont install due to package issue.... no MSU file for windows 10
    Windows Server Technical Preview Essentials Client Connector Software wont install due to package issue.... MSU file doesnt download properly only 48kb of the file.... does same on an 8.1 VM
    Freefall Sensor driver for Alienware 14 laptop wouldnt install because of a compatability issue but all the other drivers went on without an issue.

5. KnowledgeableNewbie

KnowledgeableNewbie MDL Member

Sep 30, 2014
    just a thought, but could people post versions with their working, not working posts. a few cases i've found where older versions work but newer versions don't. may help when people post solutions.

6. win2k8man

win2k8man MDL Junior Member

May 11, 2013
    windows server essentials connector does not install on Windows 10 Tech Preview even the version from Server 10 Tech Preview does not install the error i get is the following
    Screenshot 2014-10-05 10.43.14.png

7. TONSCHUH

TONSCHUH MDL Addicted

Jun 11, 2012
    Working:

- Battle.Net Desktop-App
    - Diablo-3: Reaper of Souls
    - Foobar2000
    - CFosSpeed
    - Razer Cortex
    - Total Commander Ultima Prime
    - Core Temp
    - HWINFO64
    - Gigabyte OC-Guru-II
    - MSI Afterburner
    - 3D-Mark
    - Unchecky
    - Raptr
    - Logitech + Roccat + Shogun Bros. + XBox Controller + Zalman FPSGun Mouse + Canon Software / Drivers
    - Defraggler
    - SABnzbd
    - mIRC + Power Pack
    - GPU-Z
    - CPU-Z
    - TerraCopy
    - Fraps
    - UltraISO
    - IrfanView
    - Paint.Net
    - Ashampoo Burning Studio
    - SeaTools
    - EVGA PrecisionX
    - Mirillis Action!
    - VMWare Player
    - Malwarebyte Anti-Exploit
    - PuTTY
    - JDownloader
    - QuickPar
    - Notepad++
    - TeamViewer
    - TeamSpeak
    - ImgBurn
    - WinSCP

Not working:

- WhoCrashed
    - Hard Drive Inspector
    - Speccy

:)

8. Paul117

Paul117 MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2013
    Same issue,
    here is what i have found, if using 2012 r2 essentials connector it does not have the MSU file needed for it, it will simply try for an older windows, for the tech preview version of windows server essentials the connector has the MSU but for some reason only downloads 48kb of it before failing when it trys to install, this issue with the tech preview version of the server also affects windows 8.1 and possibily all other supported ones if u use the tech preview connector.

9. WaltC

WaltC MDL Addicted

Mar 8, 2014
    DX12 isn't shipping in the tech Preview, AFAIK...;) DX/D3d 12 isn't ready for prime time and won't be for another ~9-~12 months, from what I've heard. I'm running d3d 11.x in my TP--because that ships with 8.x, presumably and is the latest version of DX to see release. Everyone who runs D3d games should, without exception and without regard to OS version installed, be running D3d9.0c...last version shipped was June 10 2010, I believe. Earlier versions of DX do *not* overwrite later versions (they happily coexist) and if you do more than just talk about gaming you need DX9.0c installed to ensure backwards compatibility with the multitude of D3d9-specific games that exist (They are still being written--Larian Studios' excellent Divinity: Original Sin is just such a game.) The theory is that all latter versions of DX are backwards compatible with all earlier versions of DX all the way back to at least DX6.x or so. In reality, though, some of the older DX games call for files that no longer exist separately in the subsequent versions of DX, so it all boils down to installing the full compliment of DX versions if you play games because it won't hurt anything and is guaranteed to improve DX game compatibility.

As of now everything I was running under 8.1x64 is running fine under the TechPreview...no problems, games, etc. I know without a doubt that at least in my case it's going to be far more productive and informative to write down the applications and games that are not compatible as that's going to be a much, much shorter list. Really, most everyone should be recording software that doesn't work, imo, as opposed to software that does...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    Run it as administrator and see if you are still experiencing the problem.

11. Paul117

Paul117 MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2013
    doesnt matter weather you run as admin or not u get the same error... it trys to download the required msu file but fails.

12. CiTRAX

CiTRAX MDL Junior Member

Oct 1, 2014
    Has anyone tried activating Office in the Tech Preview.
    I got the conformation code 2 times and now when i call MS they are telling that my installation ID is not verified.

13. Paul117

Paul117 MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2013
    i have an office subscription and it activated fine

14. win2k8man

win2k8man MDL Junior Member

May 11, 2013
    yea tried as administrator oh well i just connected with out using the connector

15. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    On that Windows 10 Ent TP I installed Office 2013 Pro and used MTK 2.52 to activate which just works fine. I didn't used my real license because:
    1. this is just for testings on the Windows 10 Previes
    2. I use all possible activation of my license already

It is possible to install Office on 3 different computers: 1. Office, 2. Home PC and 3. Laptop for mobile use, all as the same licensor because you could use mainly only one of them the same time. Maybe for the Home and Student Version that is different.

So, mainly you shouldn't have a problem with activation on Windows 10 by using the MTK 2.52!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  16. luke

luke MDL Senior Member

Jun 22, 2007
    These don't work ether Asus Phoebus sound card drivers , and Intel Lan Drivers.

17. winxuser

winxuser MDL Junior Member

Jun 19, 2011
    the sims 4 works perfectly,,, even if I have an old machine hahahah, windows 10 wokrs great, haven't ran into any problem YET

18. xano

xano MDL Member

Jan 28, 2011
    uPlay crashes everytime I try to launch Assassin's Creed Revelation.

19. CiTRAX

CiTRAX MDL Junior Member

Oct 1, 2014
    All versions of Kaspersky doesn't work

20. TONSCHUH

TONSCHUH MDL Addicted

Jun 11, 2012
    ... also working:

- Battlefield-4
    - ARMA-3

:)