Windows 10 Transparent Taskbar after Fall Creators Upate install

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by SariusMT, May 1, 2018.

1. SariusMT

SariusMT MDL Novice

Feb 18, 2017
    Hello guys. After Falls Creator update April 2018 I got a transparent taskbar. I managed to take a few screenshots. After restart taskbar goes again black. Is there any way to keep the transparent one without third party tools? I assume it has to be a way since it turned transparent itself. Please let me know if any of you know how to do this.

Attached Files:

2. dk2463

dk2463 MDL Senior Member

Jun 19, 2011
    I've seen that as well the few times I've been able to get a clean install working. Will be curious about the response on this as well. Would love to have that all the time.

3. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #3 mxman2k, May 2, 2018
    Last edited: May 2, 2018
    Open a command prompt as Administrator, copy paste the two lines below and press enter.
    Code:
    Reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced" /v "UseOLEDTaskbarTransparency" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f >nul 2>&1
    Reg add "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced" /v "UseOLEDTaskbarTransparency" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f >nul 2>&1
    A reboot cycle is required to 'set' in place. Depending on your color theme the taskbar may have a 'tint' to it but it should be 'see-through'.

Note: on RS4+ due to the Acrylic theme in place this tweak no longer works and you get that blurred effect regardless :( , but for older builds like RS3 it works.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...