Windows 10 Waking Issues

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by ckybam69, Sep 26, 2015.

1. ckybam69

ckybam69 MDL Novice

May 13, 2015
    #1 ckybam69, Sep 26, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
    So I upgraded to 10 about 2 weeks ago. For the first 1.5 weeks everything worked great. Then out of nowhere my computer started BSOD when waking from sleep. I have tried every workaround I have found online but nothing has worked. Hibernate works but not sleep mode. The error I get is "attempted to write to read only memory." Sometimes it doesnt even BSOD but will just hang and the screen wont even come on.

Its not a ram issue because if I launch my windows 7 drive if sleeps and runs just fine. I have tried installing every new driver I could find and that didn't help. I don't want to do a clean install if I don't have to as my wife uses the computer too and reinstalling all her work stuff is a pain.

2. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    if u have a older HD that is most likely the problem just keep on all the time in the power option never turn off.

3. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    Can you get it to BSOD and hit pause and write down the error so we can see it and note the time, and can you also type this into RUN -
    eventvwr.msc .

Go to Admin events and see if it error'd out there also with the time you noted.

4. ckybam69

ckybam69 MDL Novice

May 13, 2015
    It actually stopped BSOD'ing and just started hanging. I was not able to even update certain drivers that might be causing the issue so I reverted back to windows 7. After I did that my install became ungenuine so I reapplied Windows Loader and I am now running win 7 perfectly fine. Sleep works as it should .

I dont want to just leave it on all the time...power bills and all.

5. Shayne

Shayne MDL Addicted

Jul 31, 2009
    U can get my stats @ guru, but this OS has been OK and perfectly sable. I gut it n it is still stable.

Thanks guys @ MDL n M$ for bringing it to light.

Regards

6. MacAddict01

MacAddict01 MDL Member

Mar 3, 2011
    I have a Dell e6400 and an M4400 laptop and both have been plagued with sleep bugs since Win7. 10 was no different and the only true work around that I've found is to disable sleep completely and only use hibernation. I tried numerous video and chipset drivers with no luck and finally just disabled sleep. Its funny that neither laptop gives me any sleep/wakeup problems using numerous Linux distros. :rolleyes: