Windows 10 Wallpapers/Themes Discussion

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by TheSubaru2012, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Evides

Evides MDL Member

Apr 6, 2014
    #261 Evides, Sep 21, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
    As Captain Picard would say... Engage..! :biggrin:

2. ChaserLee

ChaserLee MDL Senior Member

Oct 7, 2014
    Aye, Cap'in !

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ChaserLee

Oct 7, 2014
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ChaserLee

Oct 7, 2014
    @ Evides

Hey bud, how's it going?

I have most of your custom widgets for the Cortana wallpaper done, with just a bit of final work left. I know that the wallpaper you provided was 1920x1080, but I'd like to confirm with you that the resolution of your monitor is that same size. I want to make sure the widgets are proportional for your resolution, and that they are also proportional for the wallpaper.

I have made several versions of the widgets, then decided they just didn't work right with her face, thrown them out, and started from scratch again. Been a very good project for me, and a challenge for my creative side. ;)

So, once I have your screen res, I'll put the finishing touches on the widgets, and show you a preview to see if you'll like 'em.

5. Evides

Evides MDL Member

Apr 6, 2014
    Hi, I'm doing fine... ;)

It's nice to hear you're having a good time working on this project..!
    My screen resolution is indeed 1920 x 1080.

6. ChaserLee

Oct 7, 2014
    Yep, love making widgets and such!

Excellent, I'll put some finishing touches on the visuals for the widgets, and get back to you.

As an aside... you do realize you'll have to use your new wallpaper setup forever once you get it in place, don't you? :D

7. Evides

Evides MDL Member

Apr 6, 2014
    Well, actually I don't even know how to get it in place once I get it.
    That was gonna be my next question for you... :rolleyes:

8. ChaserLee

Oct 7, 2014
    #268 ChaserLee, Sep 25, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
    No worries, I thought of that. I'll put together a package for you, sort of like a theme package, that includes the Cortana wallpaper, all the widgets, their screen positions and such, along with a text file with instructions on the operation and usage of the widgets. Included will be the directions on how to enter your location so that the weather reports are for your area, and how to inform the widgets of the units of measurement you prefer, such as C or F, mph or kph, all that. The rest of the widgets are self-contained, and will work fine, right out of the box! ;)

Then after you have things up and running, you can let me know of any changes you want, or any additions or tweaks you might think of. Easy, peezy... :D

Oh yeah, I forgot to add that if you're wondering what impact this will have on your system resources, you can have a look at my signature, and see what system I run. On my system, the total memory consumed is between 6 and 8 Mb, and the total strain on the cpu runs between 2 and 4 %, with 2% being the mean average. Basically, you won't notice a thing slowing you down! ;)

9. Evides

Evides MDL Member

Apr 6, 2014
    I'm getting really curious here..! :thumbsup:
    And don't worry about the specs of my desktop, it's running an Intel i5-750 at 3.8 Ghz on liquid cooling, with 8 GB RAM to support it... :biggrin:

In anticipation
    Evides

10. ChaserLee

Oct 7, 2014
    Nice!! Well then, you won't even know the widgets are running, as far as system impact goes... :biggrin:

Alright, I should be back to you within the week, if all goes as planned. Take care, and live well.

11. Evides

Evides MDL Member

Apr 6, 2014
    #271 Evides, Sep 26, 2015
    Nope, no worries there... :cool:

I'll be here... ;)
    Take your time and enjoy the process.
    Take care...

BTW, here's a suggestion... if you plan to put some widgetstuff on the right side of the screen, maybe mirroring the wallpaper is an idea.
    So things don't get in here face...

Attached Files:

12. ChaserLee

Oct 7, 2014
    #272 ChaserLee, Sep 26, 2015
    To be honest, I wrestled with that problem since the beginning of creating widgets that would work with your wallpaper. None of them, no mater what I created or tested out, seemed to go well with her face. That's one of the reasons the process has taken so long. I don't usually need as much time coding the foundation for a widget, and producing the graphics to go along with it.

After several trial and error attempts at making something that would 'blend in' with her face, I stumbled upon a concept that seemed to solve the issue. As I hinted at before, it's a somewhat unique solution, that you will either love, or hate. 50/50 chance on that.... :D Anyways, as the solution pleased me on the main widget, I went ahead and made some other ones to go along with the theme. Weather, time, and volume control, to mention a few..... ;)

So, really no need to mirror the wallpaper, imho. Besides, the printing on the circuit board is all reversed, of course, when one does the horizontal flip.

When I get tired of my current desktop customization, I do believe I'll next be using the one I've created for you. I feel it's a simple, but 'thinking outside the box' kind of approach.

Preview to follow in a few days. Stay tuned.............

13. ChaserLee

Oct 7, 2014
    BTW, what program are you using for your dock at the bottom? I don't want to clash with any running processes you already have...

And please tell me that you are using Core Temp to monitor your cpu values??? Or, is it HWMonitor, or maybe Aida64?

14. ChaserLee

Oct 7, 2014
  15. Evides

Evides MDL Member

Apr 6, 2014
  16. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    But, as it turns out, I was wrong on both counts lol

17. ChaserLee

Oct 7, 2014
    #278 ChaserLee, Sep 26, 2015
  18. ChaserLee

Oct 7, 2014
    Ha... No worse than me being wrong not to notice that he was already using a system monitoring program. I assumed he was not, and we all know what they say about assuming.... :eek:

19. Evides

Evides MDL Member

Apr 6, 2014
    I guess you are, but there's soooo much stuff out there... :mushy: